Long term relationships - how often do you have sex?

Options
Just wondering what other couples out there are like... My husband and I have been together for nearly 9 years, we have 2 kids, married for 6.5 years. When we first started dating we had sex all the time, about 8-10 times per week. For the last 3 years it's slowed down to anywhere between 1-4 times per week, though honestly on average it's been closer to once or twice a week, with random spurts of more activity when I'm feeling extra frisky. We have never gone more than 2 weeks without *doing it*, and I can think of only 2 occasions that we ever went that long...

I ask because my husband constantly complains that I "NEVER want to do it". Never? Really? Even at once a week, I think it's a pretty good number. I mean, it's not like we have sex for a few minutes and then go to sleep - every time it lasts at least an hour, usually more. EVERY time, no lie. It's great sex, very satisfying for both of us, after all this time it still seems like it gets better and better. I just.... I have a decreased libido, I still think I have a healthy sexual appetite, but while mine has slowed down, his is nearly as strong as it was when we first started dating. I understand that it's frustrating for him, but sometimes I really just don't feel up to it. Meanwhile, he still wants to do it daily. I'm 31, he's 47.

I guess I'm just looking for opinions and thoughts on the subject, can anyone relate?

Replies

• Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Actually, I think thats a little unusual. He should be well past his sexual prime and you should be just getting to yours. Statistically, women are in their sexual prime in thier mid 30's while men are way sooner in thier early 20's.

We have sex a minimum of 3 times per week and have been together for over 5 years. I think we're both happier at 6 - 7 times per week though. :bigsmile: