Breaking Dawn Part 1 DVD Release 2/11/12

Options
ScarlettVamp
ScarlettVamp Posts: 821 Member
Hi all!

I just saw that Breaking Dawn Part 1 will be released on DVD and Blu Ray on 2/11. As I only made it to the theater to see it once, I am super excited that I only have to wait another 21 days!!!:bigsmile:

On another note, if you pre-order it from Walmart, you can enter a sweepstakes to go to the premiere of Breaking Dawn Part 2 in L.A. in Nov. 2012 (That's the "grand prize"). 3 1st prize winners win trips to Queensland, Australia, and 100 2nd prize winners win collectible prop replicas of Bella's charm bracelet. Details are at the links below.

http://see.walmart.com/moviecenter/twilight-breaking-dawn-pt-1

https://breakingdawnpremiere.brandmovers.net/

https://breakingdawnpremiere.brandmovers.net/prize

Replies

• JackieMac979
    JackieMac979 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the awesome info! Target is also having an event for the DVD release at midnight and they're supposed to show an exclusive clip from BDP2.
  • KathPearce
    KathPearce Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I can't wait!
    I went to the midnight showing at my cinema, I really wanted to go to the 'Twiathalon' but as BD released at midnight on 18th the 'Twiathalon' landed on my eldest son's birthday. There was no way I could have sat in a cinema from 4pm with a clear conscience lol!

I then went to watch it again a few days later. I enjoyed it more second time around, I noticed things that I didn't 1st time around........like when Bella is sat on the couch after Jake has spoken with Edward, did you notice that the blanket she has around her feet is the blanket that Renee made her of all their old trip jersey's? I didn't notice it 1st time, I love that about good films, each time you watch them you notice something new :)

I can't wait for Part 2!!
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I can't wait!
    I went to the midnight showing at my cinema, I really wanted to go to the 'Twiathalon' but as BD released at midnight on 18th the 'Twiathalon' landed on my eldest son's birthday. There was no way I could have sat in a cinema from 4pm with a clear conscience lol!

I then went to watch it again a few days later. I enjoyed it more second time around, I noticed things that I didn't 1st time around........like when Bella is sat on the couch after Jake has spoken with Edward, did you notice that the blanket she has around her feet is the blanket that Renee made her of all their old trip jersey's? I didn't notice it 1st time, I love that about good films, each time you watch them you notice something new :)

I only saw it twice, and I never noticed the blanket! Totally going to look for that now, but I agree -- I always notice things the 2nd or 3rd time around.. the initial time I'm always just absorbing the story line.

with BD2 I think the Twiathon is going to be a must, especially since I never saw Twilight on the big screen.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip!! Would it not be crazy awesome to go to the premier?!!!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I can't wait!

Yep, I noticed it too but not the first time around.
  • avg1986
    avg1986 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Have seen breaking dawn so many times now, Even turned the hubby into a bit of a twihard!!!

Cant wait for part 2, Will deffo go to the twiathlon as i never saw the first 3 on the big screen, I cant wait!!!!!
  • ScarlettVamp
    Options
    If they do a Twiathon at the theater here, I'm taking the day off work to be sure I can go. I never saw Twilight on the big screen, saw New Moon on it once, Eclipse on it twice, and Breaking Dawn P1 once. I am not missing out again!!

Wonder if they will put deleted scenes on the DVD for Breaking Dawn Part 2 since they apparently aren't on Part 1.
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I love the bonus stuff on the first dvd, the comic-con stuff was great, and to hear Rob say my name,,,,,,,,,,, (I share a first name with an actress who was controversially replaced for Eclipse)
  • KBrenOH
    Options
    If they do a Twiathon at the theater here, I'm taking the day off work to be sure I can go. I never saw Twilight on the big screen, saw New Moon on it once, Eclipse on it twice, and Breaking Dawn P1 once. I am not missing out again!!

Wonder if they will put deleted scenes on the DVD for Breaking Dawn Part 2 since they apparently aren't on Part 1.

I'm not sure what they're doing. I've seen a bunch of deleted scenes on facebook today that people are saying are on the BD1 DVD. Guess it's something we're going to have to wait and see.
  • ScarlettVamp
    Options
    Summit has really flooded the market with commercials for the Breaking Dawn DVD. I think I saw it 6 times last night alone. It's KILLING me!!! I want to see it again so badly! Is it the 11th yet??
  • KBrenOH
    Options
    Summit has really flooded the market with commercials for the Breaking Dawn DVD. I think I saw it 6 times last night alone. It's KILLING me!!! I want to see it again so badly! Is it the 11th yet??

Yeah they are! I even saw it on the Food Network which I had to laugh at. I know from past interviews with KStew, that she is an avid Food Network person. I wonder what her reaction is when she see's those (if she does). Putting myself in her position, I think I'd think.. "wow.. that's me.. with that HOT guy" LOL
  • JackieMac979
    JackieMac979 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am soooo ready to buy this! I only got to see it in the theater once (due to no childcare/husband deployed.)
    Still nearly a week and a half to go.
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I told my husband to buy the dvd for valentines day instead of candy! Can't wait to watch it!
  • ScarlettVamp
    Options
    I told my husband to buy the dvd for valentines day instead of candy! Can't wait to watch it!

Now THAT is an excellent idea! I'm stealing it!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options

Now THAT is an excellent idea! I'm stealing it!

Tell hubbies to make it an early Valentine's present. No way I would wait 3 days to watch it. I am all about instant gratification. I am still seriously considering catching as much sleep as I can, going to midnight release, watching movie, sleeping another hour or two then running 5k at 9. I know, I am crazy!! If I was sure I could sleep I would do it for sure.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,894 Member
    Options
    Since I only got to see Breaking Dawn 14 times at the theater (sorry for the gloating), I'll be rushing out to get the DVD as soon as it is out although I doubt that I'll go to the midnight release.:love:

Mindy, that really would be crazy! :laugh: Ah, to be young again.......
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I 'phoned a friend' who I stood in line with for the midnight 1st showing of BD, to see if she wanted to go to the special sneak peek at Target on Feb 10th. She was thrilled to learn about it, so we are going to go join in the festivities. Then of course I will pick up my copy of BD1.

Curious, have not done any research, but I want to ensure I get the DVD that offers the most 'frills'. (I'll be buying DVD and not Blue Ray). Any ideas on that, or all they all the same?