Welcome! Introduce yourself :)

Options
Hi guys! I've never done one of these before so I don't really know what's standard, but I think that a general introduction is a good place to start! Include whatever you want :smile:

I'm Regina, I'm 24, annnd I am starting this program on Sunday January 22nd and am aiming to do my workouts Sunday Tuesday and Thursday. I haven't done the practice test thingy yet, but I'm fairly certain that I can probably only do about 2 pushups from what I recall of the last time I attempted them. I'm probably going to start off doing the ones where you lean on your knees but hopefully within a few weeks I can get to regular ones. I can't think of anything else to say :ohwell:
I look forward to meeting you!

Replies

• denalaughs
    Options
    I'm 31 years old and halfway through my weight loss journey, but just beginning the path to total wellness and fitness. There was a time in my youth when I could EASILY do 100 push-ups. Now? I can't even do one with proper form. This program seems do-able, so we'll see! Any of you are welcome to add me if you want! I'm pretty new to MFP and am really enjoying it.
  • reginamazing
    reginamazing Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! :smile:
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Erica, 27, from CA. I've actually have been wanting to work on my push ups so I'm very excited for this! I will be starting Monday, the 23rd.
  • reginamazing
    Options
    Yayyy! Welcome welcome, we're gonna have fun :smile:
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Great idea Regina :)

Hey everyone -stats as follows:

Name: Shweta (shwets)
    Starting # of pushups: 12* (yay)
    Days I'll be pushing: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday

Good luck everyone!

*I owe the 12 pushups to the 30DS (still on level 1) -at the start, I could only do 2 before collapsing!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Hi, everybody! A year and a half ago, I couldn't do one regular pushup (I could do about 10 knee pushups). I started the 100 pushup program, got pregnant, and then after baby, I just started doing them again on my own. This week, I did 100 in 3 sets. Now I'm gonna work on getting them all consecutively!
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Brandy and I'm 25. I've been married for 3.5 years. I graduated from college in 2009 with a degree in Exercise and Sports Science. I took a lot of nutrition classes and learned a lot about the benefits of exercise throughout your life. That's really what got me started at becoming more active with my life.

I actually had a good push up number built up. My work used to be slow as slow with me being the only one there and I would do push ups throughout the day. Also, I would do pushups when watching football when the teams would score. This was last season (2010) and I got to a point where I could like 24 in a row. Since football doesn't go into the spring and summer I lost a lot of that strength and have struggled this year to get past 14. I would love to be able to do 100.

I plan to start Monday!
  • sexinessizkey
    Options
    Hello Regina,
    My name is Tee and it's possible as a service member 100 would be great for me. I'm at 37 in 2 mins. Looking forward to the challenge.
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Cheri, I'm 43, a full time student, hairdresser, mother, grandma......busy. I've never joined a group but this one is compelling! I tried it out today, I can do 7, of the girl ones, and it was hard!!! My arms are just starting to get flabby so this could help a lot!
    Oh and that pic of the baby up there is awesome!
  • l2rcc
    l2rcc Posts: 14
    Options
    Hey all! My name is Wendi, I'm 45 and tired of things not being where they should be!! I'm working on the weight loss - and trying to focus on the feeling better rather than the number. Hoping this will 1) bring the number down, and 2) get rid of my flabby arms. Time to get things firmed up!!
  • VeggieKelli
    VeggieKelli Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Kelli! Looking to work on some upper body strength, I can do 10, maybe I could do 12 if I pushed myself (I just finished the practice test). I am planning on starting tomorrow, and just seeing which days work best. Good luck everyone!
  • fitnoflab
    fitnoflab Posts: 100
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Emily. I'm 30 years old. I live in San Diego, I actually moved here a little under a year ago and joined this site to work on getting a CA body! I have not done the practice test yet but know I can only do 4 push ups from toe position before I have to put my knees down. I will be starting the program tomorrow Sun. the 22nd! I'm excited for this challenge because I am disproportionally stronger in my legs and would love to build upper body strength.
  • mammothdoll
    Options
    Hello everybody! I'm Amanda. I'm 25 years old. I'm really excited about this challenge! I'm in terrible, terrible shape and, while I've been on MFP for about a month now, I haven't really found a good exercise challenge yet. Everything is either something easy that depressingly reminds me of what I used to be able to do not so long ago, or it's something hard that would hurt me if I just jumped in. But working my way up to 100 push-ups--that's something easy that will build up to something I've never, ever been able to do. Exciting! Count me in.
  • lealellis
    lealellis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I'm in but cannot start this week. I am geting injections in the back of my arms this week so need to get through that. I am joining because my husband laughed and said I couldn't do three in a row. Grant it, I am out of shape nad overweight, but I believe I am strong enough, and I have something to prove! I can do aobut 30 "girl" pushups in a row, but want to work up to the tough ones! I will be back next weekend to check in! Good luck to all! ~ Lea, age 48, living in Redmond WA
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm Kat, 26 years old. I am a distance runner and loooove strength training. Not to bulk up or be a strong woman competitor, but simply to have strength that people otherwise doubt a girl my size would have. I was planning to start today, but woke up with a sinus infection out of no where it seems so I may need to wait. My days would be Sunday, Tuesday, Friday.
  • Lyn_again
    Lyn_again Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    HI! I'm Lyn and 22 years old. I have never been able to do many push-ups but starting the 30 day shred recently has changed that thought a bit. I think I can do 10 ... I think. I am always up for a challenge and had to join this one. I am starting today.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    hi I'm 32. I'm going to start this today!! I did it once, but didn't finish it, about 2 months ago and made progress really fast. I think I got up to 11 consecutive pushups. This time I plan to finish the program!!
  • crca7118
    Options
    Hi I am Jodi and I am 37 years old. I am starting out at 30 pushups. I still have 20lbs to lose and would love to be able to do 100 pushups. I have a 2 year old who likes to help me by jumping on my back while I'm doing them from time to time and I have to admit that has probably increased my strength. I was only able to do 15 consecutive pushups when I was pregnant with him. I definitely could use the upper body strength.
  • reginamazing
    Options
    You can do it!