Have you ever been on a diet that manipulated your body into

Options
“If anyone competes as an athlete, he does not receive the victor’s crown unless he competes according to the rules. The hardworking farmer should be first to receive a share of the crops. Reflect on what I am saying, for the Lord will give you insight into all this.” – 2 Timothy 2:5-7

There are no quick fixes to permanent health. You have to have proper nutrition and exercise to sustain your health over time. You have to play according to the rules which are to educate yourself on proper nutrition and then have the discipline to lead a healthy lifestyle.

How have you tried to beat the rules in the past?

Replies

• TiffanyL71
    Options
    Unfortunately I too have been down that route one too many times. Not just once but multiple times. And the diets were doomed to fail every time for several reasons, including but not limited to I started them for the wrong reason and they were diets that were unreasonable for long term. I tried and was successful on several, Atkins, Phen/Phen, HCG injections and then a few not mentioned. Another big mistake, when I was on a diet that I was successful on I quit as soon as I reached my goal. Then BAM I gained my weight back and plus an addition 10lbs. I’ve read recently that its scientifically proven that when we Yo-Yo diet we make it increasingly difficult to lose weight and keep it off. With each diet the next one becomes harder, setting people like me up for certain doom because If I didn’t “SEE” physical results quickly the devil sneaks in and talks me into losing confidence and I start cheating or just plain give up. :*(

Have you ever looked up the word diet? This is the Miriam Webster’s Definition of DIET
    a : food and drink regularly provided or consumed
    b : habitual nourishment
    c : the kind and amount of food prescribed for a person or animal for a special reason
    d : a regimen of eating and drinking sparingly so as to reduce one’s weight

We don’t fail changing our diets we fail “going on a diet”. If we want to make changes permanent we have to D: eat and drink sparingly so as to reduce one’s weight. But do it so that we B. eat for nourishment and not starvation.

I’ve decided to change my diet but not go on a diet. And with God’s help I know I will succeed because “I can do everything through Him who gives me strength” -Phil 4:13 How about You?