Talk about your day 1 experience!

Options
Mine was pretty good, I think! I didn't feel super over-worked or like it wasn't hard enough, but it felt just right. I downloaded the app on my phone, and it said 3+ for the last set, so I did 5. Don't think I could have done more than that. And I def did "girly" pushups, hoping that in a few weeks maybe I can upgrade to "real" pushups!

Hope everyone has a great first day, whenever your first day may be :)

Replies

• Lyn_again
    Lyn_again Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I did the girly push ups also. The firsts sets were fine but when it came time to do the final max of no less than 5... it became much more challenging.
  • Ruiz1414
    Ruiz1414 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    okay so I did my first set of pushups today- the max I could do was 12-- so the total I did today with the program was 24. NOT TOO SHABBY!!! I assume we skip tomorrow and do it again on tuesday, right??
  • mammothdoll
    Options
    I did my test today. A big fat 0. I'm thinking maybe start with wall pushups, work up to 100, then progress to knee pushups, then to real pushups. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
  • tiffanepiphany
    tiffanepiphany Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Last time, I did the girly version, but this time I'm doing the traditional "male" pushups. My test out was 7.
  • crca7118
    Options
    I did 30 in my test so I started on Week 3 - Column 3. Let me say I wish I hadn't tested there ..lol I did 5 sets tonight 14,18,14,14 and barely got 20 for the last set that was the "max set". This is going to be good for me! So I guess that is 80 tonight plus the 30 in my test. Im glad its over! Thank you
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    So I definitely did girly push ups, and I did about 5. I think I could have done some more but my form was slipping so I took that as the sign to stop. Maybe I'll go through to get to 100 girly push ups and then start for the real ones afterwards?
  • reginamazing
    reginamazing Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You started on week 3?! Jeez! Good for you though.

Congrats to everyone that started yesterday -- for everyone starting other days this week, good luck!

Everyone have a nice rest day! i'm personally a little sore -- think I'm gonna do some light yoga today.
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I did a baseline yesterday and had 12. I may redo again today since I was sick yesterday just to be certain and then start :-)
  • reginamazing
    Options
    I did my test today. A big fat 0. I'm thinking maybe start with wall pushups, work up to 100, then progress to knee pushups, then to real pushups. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Wall pushups would be a great place to start, but I bet within a few weeks you'll be strong enough to move to knee pushups. These things build endurance quickly -- just don't give up! I think every other week they have a little endurance test so that you can see how far you've gone; maybe you can use that to gauge when you should move up from wall pushups?
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Mine felt good. I started at the way bottom with doing regular push ups, I can barely do two. By the end, I was dying lol.
  • l2rcc
    l2rcc Posts: 14
    Options
    Did my test yesterday, first day today. I'm starting on my knees - but I'd rather actually finish this, than give up!! Felt pretty good - I can feel it in my pec today (already)! Yea!
  • sunnysoul12
    Options
    I feel pretty good about today's sets I think i did 54 all together...wow I soo can do this. Wonder how bad this will hurt tomorrow though?
  • Ruiz1414
    Ruiz1414 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Second day.. total of 28, pushups. not too shabby!!! I am sore that I do have to say.
    Congrats to everyone.. keep working hard!!
  • crca7118
    Options
    Day 2 here- ouch I am on week 3 day 2 and there are 100 total but in 5 sets 20,25,15,15 and max (at least 25) I could only do 25 after all that so - ouch! I'm glad I am done!
  • sufikitkat
    Options
    Successfully completed Day 1. I started in column 3 (11-20 baseline push-ups) and was able to get through it all, a total of 46! THe max was no less than 9, I did 10. Trying not to push too much since I did a lot of push-ups in my distance runners group yesterday. Excited to see everyone else's progress for day 2!!!
  • fitnoflab
    fitnoflab Posts: 100
    Options
    I was fine day one, I'm in column one, it feels pleasantly challenging (I did 4 in test). Then last night I pulled an ab muscle in boot camp. If you ever needed proof push ups blast your ab muscles try it with a pulled ab muscle. So I am doing wall push ups at an angle that protects my abs. Hopefully this still builds strength in my arms!
  • reginamazing
    Options
    I did day 2 yesterday...it was harder than day 1 but still didn't feel TOO hard. My arms are less sore today than they were yesterday, which is a relief because I was worried they were going to be MORE sore. Overall I'm feeling pretty good about this challenge!

Everyone keep up the good work :)
  • tiffanepiphany
    tiffanepiphany Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I did day 2 yesterday...it was harder than day 1 but still didn't feel TOO hard. My arms are less sore today than they were yesterday, which is a relief because I was worried they were going to be MORE sore. Overall I'm feeling pretty good about this challenge!

Everyone keep up the good work :)

I did day 2 today and feel exactly the same way. It's getting easier already and my arms are less sore! I can't believe I did a total of 34 pushups!
  • sufikitkat
    Options
    My arms don't get sore...its my chest muscles that are always sore!!!
  • reginamazing
    Options
    I did day 2 today and feel exactly the same way. It's getting easier already and my arms are less sore! I can't believe I did a total of 34 pushups!

Good for you! I'm about to do day 3...one week down, 5 to go!