hi

Options
themommie
themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
just thought i would start by introducing myself. I am a mom of 7 only 3 still at home and 5 grandkids. I have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome and was sick and tired of being sick and tired. I started mfp july 2010 and have lost 95 lbs only 5 more to go. I am going to need alot of encouragement while learning about maintaince. Looking forward to meeting the rest of you mama's

Replies

• ChelleRenee1
    ChelleRenee1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    HI, My name is Chelle...I just joined today and seeing your post was a blessing. I have more than 100lbs to lose. I am a mother of 3 and I also suffer from Fibromyalgia. I'm having a VERY difficult time convincing myself to go work out the way that I need to because I'm afraid of all of the pain that comes with it. It is a catch 22, it I keep gaining weight I feel horrible physically and mentally but in order to lose weight I cause myself extreme amounts of pain. Like to the point of being in tears just trying to sit down or walk down the porch steps. HOW HAVE YOU DONE IT??? I believe you may be my inspiration!!!!! Please feel free to add me as a friend!
  • JessyLovesJCS
    JessyLovesJCS Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Wowzers! Congratulations! You're definitely in that home stretch!
  • themommie
    Options
    chelle,
    I know exactly what you mean I felt the same way like i was stuck i was in pain if I did nothing and it kept getting worse but if I overdid it I would be in bed for days. When I started I was just sick and tired of being sick and tired. I thought 100 lb loss was impossible I just concentrated on 10 lbs at a time. I start just swimming a little bit everyday with the kids when it got too cold to swim I just started walking at first just around the block then increasing very slowly. I still do walking as my main workout , I joined a gym when I lost 55 lbs but usually only go 1x sometimes 2xs a week and do a workout video 1x a week. I have started trying to do strength training the last 3 weeks but it has sent me back some frustrating. GRRrrrr. the important thing is to just do something everyday even if it is only 10 mins of walking and sometimes that is all I can do.. good luck you can do it
  • ChelleRenee1
    Options
    Thank you so much! That is my plan, just take it a day at a time I do what I am able. I just hope that I do not get discouraged if my body won't allow me to do what I would like. My doc keeps telling me to take baby steps but I am ready to Leap! I just want to get this weight off. Any diet tips you can give?
  • themommie
    Options
    as far as diet tips, I try to substitute the things I like with low cal versions, I make homemade soup once a week because it is easy, tasty and low cal, I also like to snack in the evening so instead of just not snacking I plan to save 200 cals a day for my evening snacks, I usually snack on popcorn, mini rice cakes, fiber one bars, skinny cow ice cream. I think planning ahead is the best tip I can give you. If I know I will be eating out I look up the nutritional info online and decide what I will order when I am at home not starving, when i get there I dont look at the menu I just order what I decided on, now I have my favorites and tend to know what is best to order calorie wise. I hope this helps, I think the main thing is to plan ahead before you are hungry.....
  • ChelleRenee1
    Options
    as far as diet tips, I try to substitute the things I like with low cal versions, I make homemade soup once a week because it is easy, tasty and low cal, I also like to snack in the evening so instead of just not snacking I plan to save 200 cals a day for my evening snacks, I usually snack on popcorn, mini rice cakes, fiber one bars, skinny cow ice cream. I think planning ahead is the best tip I can give you. If I know I will be eating out I look up the nutritional info online and decide what I will order when I am at home not starving, when i get there I dont look at the menu I just order what I decided on, now I have my favorites and tend to know what is best to order calorie wise. I hope this helps, I think the main thing is to plan ahead before you are hungry.....

Those are awesome tips, I'm still working on the planning ahead, I too like to snack at night so I will start trying to save back calories. Do you have any soup recipes?
  • themommie
    Options
    there are several on Fortheloveofcooking.com website that i have tried that are very good , my favorites are a roasted chili black beans soup, a sausage tortellini soup and a chicken tortilla soup and a yukon potatoe cauliflower soup, there is also a recipe on there for sweet and sour chicken that I have tried that is very yummy. this isnt a lowcal website but they do have alot of recipes that are low cal and I havent found anything on this site that I havent liked. My daughter uses this site also and has made quite a few things and she said everything she has tried has been really yummy