Day 77 Challenge!

Options
shovav91
shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
Today's challenge:
Waste not want not! We live in such a disposable society, and it's quickly getting us into deep trouble. Instead of using plastic bags today, use fabric ones. Instead of tin foil for your sandwich, use a container. Get a reusable water bottle! I cannot emphasize this enough. Not only is it wasteful in the sense that the plastic ones are filling up our landfills, but you're wasting your money. A good reusable water bottle (BPA free) is about $15. After a couple weeks, you've more than made up for it in the amount you saved on plastic water bottles! Additionally, disposable water bottles are not BPA free and as a result harmful chemicals seep into your water, which you then drink. So be conscious, be mindful, and don't be wasteful!
Although this is a "daily challenge", I would love for this to inspire you all to develop better habits every day.
Make a great day MFP!

Replies

• garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    True indeed! I am looking for glass storage containers.
  • hosnowjo
    hosnowjo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    So with you on that. I have a stack of re-useable containers for carrying food to work.
  • Selyan
    Selyan Posts: 51
    Options
    Great challange!
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I love this one!
    I do use plastic sandwich bags but I reuse them. I need to remember to buy some new containers for this instead.
  • shortmom60
    Options
    Love this one.... I have been using my tote bags every time I go shopping now.
  • BlondeSwtP
    BlondeSwtP Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use a lunch tote & my personal water bottle everyday. However, I need to use less plastic bags for sandwiches & tote bages for shopping. Gr-8 Challenge!
  • FitnessBarbie99
    FitnessBarbie99 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I use a wonderful, washable tote for lunch and use a pyrex glass container very often.
    I refuse to microwave anything plastic (resins and chemical seep out).

Today's lunch is a bag of raw veggies, almond rice pilaf, black beans, salsa and 3 small turkey meatballs. Trying to eat less meat!
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Coffee in a ceramic cup. Lunch packed in reusable containers. Eaten off of ceramic dishes. Water in a tin jug. No bag if I go grocery shopping. Reuse ziplocks until they have holes, etc... Yep, this is a way of life for me. I'd love to be able to put my company (#3 in the world for plastic commodities) out of business!

Unforatanately, I need more help!