How alone are you?

Options

Replies

• catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I miss the cuddles, I also feel like **** when I can go all day and not get a single text msg or phone call from anyone. That really stings like a bi-atch.

^^^^^this fits me perfectly too!
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Haha :laugh: . . Can't say I do that, but I do think about what a change it would be if/when I find someone permanent. Example, I almost never close the bathroom door to pee.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I miss the cuddles, I also feel like **** when I can go all day and not get a single text msg or phone call from anyone. That really stings like a bi-atch.

me too :sad:
  • Happybunny37
    Happybunny37 Posts: 213 Member
    Options

me too :sad:

Uggggghhhh me too!!!!,
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Whenever I check my cellphone to check for some messages like "Take care. I love you", "good morning honey" or "Have you eaten?" etc. then only to realize that I would never receive those messages again. :(

Same here. I am 94% alone. 7 days a week.
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I love being alone, I would rather be alone and happy ten with someone and lonely! That being said...I do hate when I cant reach something (I am 5'2) or have an itch...And If the right one comes along I will welcome him with open arms LOL

This is me, but i'm 5"1!!!
  • sportsjunkee70
    sportsjunkee70 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I used to enjoy being single but now that all of my friends are either married or engaged it made me start realizing how lonely I really am. It gets old being the 3rd wheel sometimes. I miss coming home from work and having nobody to talk to or having someone to spoil with my romantic side (poems, flowers, etc.) ...
  • KemahSunshine
    Options
    Im almost 44. Been divorced for nearly 16 yrs. Have 3 children ...all out of the nest. I have an active & fulfilling work & social life but, sometimes, late at night, when Im all alone or when life hits those rough patches that are enevitable from time to time, I truly ache for someone to just be there to hold me, encourage me & share life with. Someone who knows me on a deeper level than everyone else. Someone in whom I can truly confide, trust & love. :heart:
  • EmilyB589
    EmilyB589 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    When I come home from a long day, open the door, say "honey I'm home", no answer. :( Than I remember I'm single and live alone.

^^^This is why a have a dog. He's always super excited when I get home :happy:
  • MelissaT81
    MelissaT81 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    When I come home from a long day, open the door, say "honey I'm home", no answer. :( Than I remember I'm single and live alone.

^^^This is why a have a dog. He's always super excited when I get home :happy:

Love my dogs...they are always happy to see me, love me unconditionally, and never complain! lol
  • floridagirl7264
    floridagirl7264 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I don't need someone to make me happy. I'll be glad to share my happiness with someone, when the right someone comes around.

My feelings EXACTLY!

Single sucks.....sometimes. It has a few advantages. I can go where I want, when I want and not have to answer to anyone...except to make sure my kids are taken care of. Like the other posters, I do have times where I miss the companionship and adult conversation. I'm not going to settle. When Mr. Right comes knocking, I'll know.

Same here. After not dating for 3 years, I'm finally beginning to get the nerve to start dating again. But I will never ever settle again. He is either exactly what I want or he gets thrown back into the pond.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I miss the cuddles, I also feel like **** when I can go all day and not get a single text msg or phone call from anyone. That really stings

True... but then I never got cuddles phone calls or texts when I was married, either.

ETA: There are worse things than being sometimes alone...how about having a stalker, or being miserably married.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I miss the cuddles, I also feel like **** when I can go all day and not get a single text msg or phone call from anyone. That really stings

True... but then I never got cuddles phone calls or texts when I was married, either.

ETA: There are worse things than being sometimes alone...how about having a stalker, or being miserably married.
    I agree, I have been in the "miserable marriage" relationship, and that is worse than being alone.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

I agree, I have been in the "miserable marriage" relationship, and that is worse than being alone.

this
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options

this

So agree...
  • sweetmelissa222
    sweetmelissa222 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm usually pretty alright about it other than when I'm out with my friends and they are being all cute and lovey and I'm just like oh I'm gonna die all by my lonesome or on the odd occasion I find myself with absolutely nothing to do.
  • lis_4582
    lis_4582 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm usually pretty alright about it other than when I'm out with my friends and they are being all cute and lovey and I'm just like oh I'm gonna die all by my lonesome or on the odd occasion I find myself with absolutely nothing to do.

I know right? All of my friends are married or in long term committed relationships. I hate feeling like the third wheel.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options

I know right? All of my friends are married or in long term committed relationships. I hate feeling like the third wheel.

I will not go out with a couple. Did it once and hated every second of it! Sometimes my roommate and I, when we're out with our other roommates and their boyfriends, we say we're dating each other!
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    On days where I can keep busy, I don't really notice how alone I am. its when I'm deliberately trying to keep busy to try and avoid noticing how much I'm surrounded by couples that I start to get down. I don't need the reminders...they're already there
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    When everyone ask "How have you been?" and you say "Oh great, I'm happy as can be". When deep down you know something is missing. You don't want anyone to think you are lonely and they try and set you up with someone. Its that bye honey see you after work or wake up with someone smiling at you. Damn, sounds pathetic doesn't it. Oh well back to I'm doing great attitude. lol.