Just Deleted...

All of my dating profiles. Well, disabled and hid them anyway. Maybe I'll try again later, but it's just too much hassle and I never actually like any of the people I talk to, because they're always just after sex. I never really thought it would be this hard to find a guy who is genuinely interested in a relationship. I mean, I'm 27 years old, and usually talk to guys in their early to mid 30's. I'm starting to wonder if it's a problem with me, to be honest...

Oh well...just thought I'd share lol

Replies

• PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Kate,I've taken breaks, too. It gets discouraging. I think it's a good idea to take a break and let new people join for awhile and then go back to being visible. :)

I have one or two guys I might meet in the next week or two. One way or another my profile is going invisible after that. Either I'm taking a break because I"m tired of looking or it's because I found someone. (At this point I'm thinking I'm taking a break lol).
  • melg126
    melg126 Posts: 378
    @katefab I understand... I was considering deleting mine also. I get alot of interest on POF. That's not the problem. It's getting them to go past endless texting and emails. I don't want a virtual relationship. The ones that want to meet right away are usually after the bootay. And clearly that's not what I'm after.

Sometimes we all need a break from it. Maybe give it a couple of months and then unhide them and see what happens.

Sometimes I think what is wrong with me also... but you have to know it in yourself that you're a great catch. At least I tell myself that when I look in the mirror. Haha :wink: :drinker:
  • PedmomJill
    Mel, there's a happy medium though. I just posted about this on one of the other dating threads. I have found that if you spend weeks emailing and texting and talking, and don't meet, and then there's no attraction...........well, that sucks. I try to meet someone within a week of the first contact. I don't want to invest that much time in getting to know someone only to find out I'm not even attracted to him. And it goes both ways for sure.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    well you know my story! i was only on there for a month and i got frustrated. it's stressful and i felt like i was on the prowl.. which i'm not. (i don't think)

i might go back to online one day but i'm newly single and need to just see if i can meet regular folks.. that's how i did it back in the day and how other's have done it before us.

as far as meeting up, i was fast!! if we chatted 2-3 days back and forth i'd suggest we meet up or they would. i don't have time to bs back and forth for weeks on end. i'm fast like that!!
  • melg126
    melg126 Posts: 378
    Maybe I just need to be more assertive. LOL I will give it a whirl. I've gone out on plenty of dates on there but not exactly who I want. I don't want to waste anyone's time or my own. But thanks for the advice gals! If they spark up convo, then go in for the attack... LOL just kidding... but yes I will suggest meeting sooner. :)
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    I'm naturally aggressive (as if you can't tell yet lol) ESPECIALLY online. Now in person, I do get shy but my new confidence was pretty obvious when chatting with these online guys.
  • PedmomJill
    An example Mel----

On Saturday a new guy emailed me. I wrote him back Sunday morning and we emailed back and forth a bit, and graduated to texting last night. We might talk on the phone tonight (he has a work thing so it depends when he gets home), but either way I'm going to suggest meeting either tomorrow or Wednesday night. :)

I have another guy that I've been emailing with for two weeks. I didn't think we were going to meet and then suddenly he asks me Friday about lunch this week. I suggested a couple of days and he hasn't replied again. And I've seen him on there so I know he read my reply. I think i'm writing him off. If he was that interested he'd be more attentive. I don't like feeling like I"m the backup in case nobody better comes along.
  • redpelk
    redpelk Posts: 6 Member
    Wow, just the post I needed to see. I just deleted mine as well. I'm just not ready yet. My husband died some years ago and I'm just having a hard time getting on the wagon again...not to mention there are slim pickings. I don't want to take care of anyone, fix anyone, or deal with any perverts. I'm just going to work on me right now. Good choice!
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Wow, just the post I needed to see. I just deleted mine as well. I'm just not ready yet. My husband died some years ago and I'm just having a hard time getting on the wagon again...not to mention there are slim pickings. I don't want to take care of anyone, fix anyone, or deal with any perverts. I'm just going to work on me right now. Good choice!

Aww yeah it sounds like you're making a good choice too. I feel like I need to focus on me too, so it'll be good to take some time off. Best wishes!