Ladies and Bra wearing............

Options
PaleoPath4Lyfe
PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
Have any of you ladies stopped wearing bras as part of your new lifestyle and being more natural?

I am considering doing this as I want to get perky boobs again no matter the size I end up being when I am at goal.

We women are ruining our own boobs by wearing these underwire, over the shoulder boulder holders.

The reason we end up sagging is because the Coopers Ligament is not being used and gets stretched out. All we need to do is go braless and do some strengthening exercises to make it strong and usable again.

I heard this already by a female Doctor on a radio show a while back and then have been doing some reading and it makes perfect sense.

http://www.brafree.org/

http://www.livestrong.com/article/335586-exercises-for-the-coopers-ligament/

Replies

• momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I would not consider going bra-less except at night when going to bed or in front of my husband. I am of average cup size, not huge and could probably pull off no bra . However due to years and years of breast feeding things are now very obvious.. to put it mildly.. I have to wear padded bras to keep things from showing through , if you catch my drift. . I would not feel comfortable or that it's appropriate, even at home, to walk around that way especially in front of my children or in front of any one else for that matter.
  • BrakemanSlova
    BrakemanSlova Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have that problem too since breastfeeding three babies. I can't wear any of the thin bras I have.
  • Jessb1985
    Jessb1985 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Interesting read! I just read the FAQs from the brafree website.

The first thing I do when I get home is take my bra off and put comfy clothes on. I sometimes go out in public without a bra but only if I have a jumper on or a dress where you can't tell the difference.

Not too sure how I would go running at the gym without a bra on but the other ideas make sense.

Compared to the women above though I'm only 27 with no kids just living with my partner.

Thanks again
  • jessiepilot
    Options
    I am a D cup and have not exactly gone without support but I no longer wear bras unless I need some serious lift for a dress or something lol. I had a lumpectomy in Jan of 2011 and postop my chest was wrapped in an ace wrap and for a few weeks after I could leave the ace off my bras were just not comfortable - so I ended up buying a ton of those stretchy tank tops with built-in "bras" - no where near as supportive as a bra, especially since my boobs are so big, but I never went back to bras they are so damn comfy lol.
  • heniko
    heniko Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    After BFing 4 kids and having DDs it would be difficult and uncomfortable even to go braless at this point ... but I wish!
  • tsavisky
    tsavisky Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Just finished reading the faq, loved the information! Once more change, and it's easier than most:)
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    outside of work/exercise i dont really wear one
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    outside of work/exercise i dont really wear one

I no longer wear bras to work either.

If I am walking for exercise, I don't wear one. I do wear a cotton pull over exercise bra if I run or do some type of jumping type exercise.

I can see a HUGE difference in the lift since those muscles are starting to get used again.
  • Freyja2023
    Freyja2023 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I would love to go without a bra but I am fairly large and even though I have lost a lot of weight over the last 3 1/2 years it wasn't enough to really allow for the braless look.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of health problems associated with wearing bras. I wish I knew then what I know now. But I am big breasted, and they get smaller when I lose weight but never will again defy gravity. :(

So, I've switched to non-underwire for out in public and go braless almost all the time at home, including weekends.

I am very fortunate to live among Inuit and they don't give a hoot whether one is thin, fat, has perky breasts, or hanging breasts. No one cares. It's nice.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    There are a lot of health problems associated with wearing bras. I wish I knew then what I know now. But I am big breasted, and they get smaller when I lose weight but never will again defy gravity. :(

So, I've switched to non-underwire for out in public and go braless almost all the time at home, including weekends.

I am very fortunate to live among Inuit and they don't give a hoot whether one is thin, fat, has perky breasts, or hanging breasts. No one cares. It's nice.

I am large chested and stopped wearing a bra in January 2012. The muscles and ligaments are getting stronger and I am getting a nice lift.

I had soreness in the nipple and upper chest area for a while, but as the area has gotten stronger the soreness went away.

I don't even wear a bra to work.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options

I am large chested and stopped wearing a bra in January 2012. The muscles and ligaments are getting stronger and I am getting a nice lift.

I had soreness in the nipple and upper chest area for a while, but as the area has gotten stronger the soreness went away.

I don't even wear a bra to work.

I think that's great. I'd like to get to that point but I have a major stretched skin issue and no matter what i do they can get smaller but never re-lift. Also, I don't think I could ever get past being in public and knowing that my breasts are not anatomically in the right place. While I work with many Inuit, I also work with non-Inuit who would find it inappropriate for someone of my size and age to be braless. At least i spend far more time braless than I ever did before. For awhile I thought the hanging would get worse, but that's not the case. Besides, how could it possibly get worse? lol
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I switched to the genie bra. Its underwire free and is honestly the most comfortable bra I've ever worn. LOVE IT!!!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    I am almost a year braless and the lift is amazing. I no longer sweat under my boobs like I did before and such.

I am hoping getting back into the gym will yield even better results.