Eating pizza and still a Loser!!

Options
bridgeo74
bridgeo74 Posts: 191 Member
I LOVE pizza!!!
And I will NOT deprive myself of it becasue I am trying to lose weight!!!
Do your reserach!!! Most chain restaurants have websites, and Dominoes even has a Calorie Counter and a Healthier Option page!! Making your own keeps YOU in charge of the calories also.

I have eaten pizza and have lost every week I have been on MFP!!
Who else is having success with consoling their pizza addiction AND losing weight??

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!

Let the cliches begin: Listen I'm trying not to make this a diet but a lifestyle change. And I'm not living a life without pizza. It's not going to happen. So I need to find ways to have pizza and still achieve and maintain a healthy weight.

California Kitchen makes a pretty decent pie and it's low in cals because the crust is practically a cracker. I can eat a whole one of those and it's around a thousand calories. That's a lot and way better than 3-4 slices of restaurant stuff. Which I still will have occaisonally as well. Just gotta work out is all. Burn enough calories and you can eat anything you damn well want.

And I want pizza! (ok not today, but later in the week for sure!)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    At least once a week, every week, since I joined in December 2010, I've split a DiGiorno Rising Crust pizza (or similar, like Freschetta or a store brand rising crust) with my husband. Half a pizza is between 800-1000 calories. I pretty much always allocate around that number of calories for dinner anyway, so why not continue to enjoy my pizza?!

I'm probably having it tonight, since I forgot to thaw any chicken and don't want to brave the grocery store on Senior Citizen's Discount day.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I LOVE pizza!!!
    And I will NOT deprive myself of it becasue I am trying to lose weight!!!
    Do your reserach!!! Most chain restaurants have websites, and Dominoes even has a Calorie Counter and a Healthier Option page!! Making your own keeps YOU in charge of the calories also.

I have eaten pizza and have lost every week I have been on MFP!!
    Who else is having success with consoling their pizza addiction AND losing weight??

Same with me. I eat pizza multiple times every week and achieved my goal weight doing it. For weight all that matter is net calories. Eating well balanced meals every day is another matter entirely.
  • dga226
    dga226 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    thank you one and all
  • WildeVampire
    Options
    I'm going to have to check out the Dominoes Calorie Counter and see what I can find that won't destroy my calorie goals. Hmm...I wonder if Pizza Hut has something like that since they are my favorite...