hi! new to group

Options
eer1980
eer1980 Posts: 2 Member
Hello all!!!

I am 5 weeks postpartum. This is my third child, and my first boy. :) I am a SAHM to my three kids (daughter 7.5yo, daughter 3.5yo, and boy 5 weeks).

I had gained a bit before getting pregnant due to a new thyroid condition. I was getting my medication on track when I got pregnant. So I worked really hard to not gain a lot of weight. I only gained 26lbs, and at 5 wks PP, I only have 6 more pounds to lose. But once I lose that, I really need to lose the additional 20lbs of thyroid weight.

with my first I gained 60lbs, my second I gained 45lbs. It took me 2 years to lose the weight from the first, luckily only 6mths to lose it from the second. I want to be proactive in losing the weight again, b/c I know how it can hang around!

my challenges are finding the time and energy to work out. My 2nd grader is pretty active, and top that off with a needy newborn and an energetic 3yo my life is pretty hectic!

I am planning on buying the Walk Of the Pounds video so I can babywear and walk inside since it is too cold to walk outside. I would like to eventually try to start running and I want to do the couch to 5k.

ok, that is about it! hello all again! :)

Replies

• Kristen0526
    Kristen0526 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I am new to the group also, I had our first child, my son, on November 3, and have been working on losing the weight also! I was BF which helped at first, but we had to switch to formula/bottle feeding, and I did not compensate for not having that extra help to lose the weight. But I am ready to get back to getting healthy!! Good luck to you on your journey! We can do this!!
  • genericaroar
    genericaroar Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new too. I had my son 12 weeks ago. Prior to my pregnancy, I'd never struggled with my weight but I gained a TON while pregnant...80lbs to be exact. Oops. I'd lost about 30 by the time i came home from the hospital and am down 9 since I really started logging on MFP. I'm also nursing but to be honest, I don't think it has made any difference in my weight loss. If anything, it just makes me hungry more often.
  • genericaroar
    genericaroar Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I am new to the group also, I had our first child, my son, on November 3, and have been working on losing the weight also! I was BF which helped at first, but we had to switch to formula/bottle feeding, and I did not compensate for not having that extra help to lose the weight. But I am ready to get back to getting healthy!! Good luck to you on your journey! We can do this!!

My son is one day older than yours!
  • Kristen0526
    Kristen0526 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    aww, congrats!! they are so much fun, aren't they?!? I love little boys!! He is the first boy in either of our families, all of our siblings/cousins have had girls, so he like the little prince!! We all can do this! My inspiration is my son and wanting to be healthy and fit for him, which is definitely helping me stay on course much easier than in the past. Bye-bye baby weight!!