Job Hunting frustration....

Options
RonneyKay
RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
Hello All,

I am just wondering if any of you have been on the job hunt recently how soon did you find a job? I know everyone is different. But it's so frustrating!

I know it will happen, but when???

LOL

Ronney

Replies

• scottiedoo13
    Options
    I was laid off in August and am still looking. However, I'm being picky. I have a background in finance and do not want to go back, if I can help it.

Good luck with your search:smile:
  • robertthefree
    Options
    I was unemployed for a whole year after I got laid off and moved back here to Tempe, AZ (I was living in Los Angeles, CA). Finding a job was really tough, but I finally did it. The really sad part was that I was categorically told I was "overqualified" for every position that I was interviewing for. You'd think that having 10 years of experience in my field would be a GOOD thing... but the opposite was true. So frustrating.
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    RonneyKay and scottiedoo what type of job are you looking for? I work for Chase and we've been hiring like crazy the past few months. I know at my site alone we've hired at least 45 - 50 people in the past 3 months that I know of. It could very well be more since I only know about a couple of departments. And scottiedoo, there are opportunities that don't have anything to do with finance. My husband was unemployed for 19 months and finally got a part-tiome position about 6 months ago and he was hired on full-time with them starting last week. Don't lose hope! There are jobs out there and people who are willing to hire you!
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I was unemployed a good year and started asking friends if they knew of anything. Finally had interview and got a job, part time, then started having bad reactions to meds that seemed to have been causing me to have strong anxiety leading to panic attacks. I went off all but necessary meds(my blood pressure pill) for a good month and was still having some. After 6-7 months I'm feeling a lot better no panic attacks recently. I've had 2 days where I felt short of breath on the freeway(not the driver at that time) but used calming techniques and it passed quick. It was leading to the fear of driving because the first attack happened on I-10 heading in to Phoenix. Made it to the county hospital where my blood sugar was tested and they ran a EKG which was all fairly normal. I ended up getting let go because I was out sick so long.

There are jobs out there. Finding interviews can be tough and I get a lot of the same "overqualified" feel to my rejection letters I do get. So many never reply anything other than automated "we received your resume" emails. Part of my problem is I have a degree(certificate) in medical assisting and was having a lot of problems finding work in that field and now my schooling was over 2 years ago and nothing. I don't want to lie by omission and leave it off but I know a lot of employers find it risky to hire people with certain education fields because they figure eventually the person might have luck in that field. The school has been useless in ideas for positions. They would send me links to the same stuff I submitted already.