ONLINE TOOL TO TEST BODY FAT

Options
Hello everyone : )

If you don't have one of those fancy body fat scales or a trainer who can test this for you, here is the online tool. You will need to know your weight and height and a tape measure to do this.

http://www.healthcentral.com/cholesterol/home-body-fat-test-2774-143.html.

You can share them if you want, it's optional : )

Replies

• BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I hadn't measured in awhile, especially since I quit exercising. It is currently 25.7%. Still happy with that though. :wink: What did you get, iwannagetfitrightnow?
  • iwannagetfitrightnow
    Options
    I haven't been able to check yet!! I am a little scared!
  • iwannagetfitrightnow
    Options
    I hadn't measured in awhile, especially since I quit exercising. It is currently 25.7%. Still happy with that though. :wink: What did you get, iwannagetfitrightnow?

Thank you for sharing your link to the tool!! : )
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    20%
  • vallesmines
    vallesmines Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow, I just did the on line tool and it measures me 6% higher fat than a professional grade scale:( My hips and thighs are my trouble areas, and that is what is measured. Also I have a very tiny body frame, my wrist measures 5 inches. That said my results are: 30.3% fat:( weight is 123lbs and I'm 5 ft 4.5 inches
  • adjoa84
    adjoa84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Wow, I just did the on line tool and it measures me 6% higher fat than a professional grade scale:( My hips and thighs are my trouble areas, and that is what is measured. Also I have a very tiny body frame, my wrist measures 5 inches. That said my results are: 30.3% fat:( weight is 123lbs and I'm 5 ft 4.5 inches

was just saying on the other thread that i'm aiming to get my body fat down but that body fat tools really vary...wildy it seems...i guess just use the same one online or other wise and see what it is in say 4 weeks or so and compare
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options

was just saying on the other thread that i'm aiming to get my body fat down but that body fat tools really vary...wildy it seems...i guess just use the same one online or other wise and see what it is in say 4 weeks or so and compare

Exactly. I'm 5'3.5" and 129 when I started. It said my bf% was 32. :noway: My wrist is also a tiny 5.5". So I know for the same tool to say I'm down to 25%, it has come down, even if other places may say it's higher or lower. It's all pretty relative. I've heard a water displacement test is the most accurate way to measure. You can find your own tool that you are happy with and stick to it consistently for measurement.
  • vallesmines
    vallesmines Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It will be interesting to track them both ways and see the changes over time.
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    19.2% body fat.
    24.6 Pounds of fat and 103.4 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).
  • shady81x
    shady81x Posts: 290
    Options
    You have 18.9% body fat.
    You have 8.5 Kilograms of fat and 36.5 Kilograms of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

Not too sure if I did it right, cos the last time I had a body composition analysis about a year ago at a gym (it was complimentary... and I believe the intention was to persuade me to hire a personal trainer), the results were 23.something% . Mhmm... I swear that my jeans got tighter though! Haha and no... I doubt it was the denim that shrunk :(
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Mine says 15.4% but I don't think that's quite right.... it'd be nice if it were!
  • deebelky
    deebelky Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    health central told me:

You have 25% body fat.

You have 30.8 Pounds of fat and 92.2 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

Wow--hearing that i have 30 pounds of fat kinda freaked me out. definitely motivation to start weight training.
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I know this is not accurate.....

I still have a big layer of fat around my belly, plus it only asked for hip measurements and another body fat tester says 30% while this one says 20% and I am nowhere near an athletic body type
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Not sure about this...

"You have 12.6% body fat."

"You have 20.8 Pounds of fat and 144.2 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water)."
  • ditzyFlip
    ditzyFlip Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You have 16% body fat.

You have 18.1 Pounds of fat and 94.9 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

I bet most of that fat is around my belly, lol.
  • msep99
    msep99 Posts: 9
    Options
    You have 24% body fat.

You have 30 Pounds of fat and 95 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).
  • lioness0806
    lioness0806 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Mine says I have 23.8% bf.

39 lbs is fat and 125 lbs of lean muscle, bone and body water.

I'm not qute sure how accurate this is, but it's my first time using this technique. I've bookmarked the pag so I can try again in about a month and see where I'm at then.
  • emaxtastic
    emaxtastic Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 145 and it put me at 24.6. I tend to carry a lot of muscle mass, so I always knew the basic BMI ratings were higher than they should be for me, so I guess this makes sense...what I don't get is how it would have known this just from my measurements??
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    It says I have 21.5% body fat but since I have abs & a toned body so I think this is a bit too high for somebody who has a medium frame & is unlikely that I will have a waist or hip size that is too small, to which the measurement method is relying at.
  • FauxAngel13
    FauxAngel13 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    this was really good, as it came back exactly the same as my scales 17.6% which is awesome to know that the scales are accurate!!!