Any ideas for a meetup?

Options
janiedoe111
janiedoe111 Posts: 161 Member
This would be super exciting! Healthy friends in the area. Woo.

Replies

• MaybeImNot
    MaybeImNot Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    YES! I would love it.

What kind of meetup?

Workout, Social, Other?
  • zoe4friends
    zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    sounds like a great idea!!! I think to start off, social sounds fun :-)
  • janiedoe111
    Options
    I'd be up for either. I live in Durham but spend my weekends closer to Brier Creek.
  • MaybeImNot
    MaybeImNot Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    as inspired by your latest status update.....
    How about dinner at Champa sushi/thai and dessert at YoPop in Briar creek??
  • janiedoe111
    Options
    I'm totally into those suggestions. :)
  • tammilk
    tammilk Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I live in Youngville but work in Brier Creek so that area works well. It would be nice to meet new people!
  • kristinathenina
    Options
    I live in Durham, but work at the subway on 70 just inside the Durham line (past brier creek if coming from Raleigh). For the love of my sanity, if you come see me at work - DONT ask me if all the footlongs are $5, yes they are, and yes i can wrap them separately if you want :) I'd be up for a meet up on a sunday or friday afternoon, other than that I am normally busy
  • janiedoe111
    Options
    Would Sunday, February 19th work? Anytime after 4?
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    If any of you drink, meetup at Lonerider Brewery sometime? Near Brier Creek.
  • lnorton84
    lnorton84 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Laura. I was actually debating on starting a local group on Meetup.com and then thought about why not have a group on here and combine the two. This is a great idea and I am glad I searched before actually creating a group. I would be interested in meetups that are for fitness and social purposes. A few ideas I had for meetups that I had and may still planned on doing on Meetup.com was a group in the local area for people to get together to walk/run in local parks, lunch/dinner events to get to know each other, bowling events for fun, museum trips for those who are interested, and other social events like those. I look forward to meeting everyone in the group and would love to meet a few times a week with anyone who is interested in any of the ideas I listed above. Some of the parks I love going to are Crowder Park, Lake Johnson, Lake Benson, and Harris Lake. I am open to any ideas. My main goal is to make life-long friendships while losing weight and becoming healthier together, but still having fun :)