Favorite hoop tricks?

Options
2»

Replies

• kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i think my favorite is this little combo that i like to do...

plane hooping on the right side, tuck under pass, catch with left hand and turn; now hoop is going backwards, then a side step through.

that's so much fun when it comes off right!

Id like to see that one! Is that sort of like a step through, with a turn??

And about the kick start, it is sort of like when you would play skip with hoops when we were kids. once the negative space in the hoop comes around step in with your left leg quickly and with your right foot give it a little kick straight up. That sends the hoop up a bit to your thigh, so you can shimmy the rest of the way to your hips.

it's a regular step through, but from the side. when i do the tuck pass, after i catch it with the opposite hand, i turn so the hoop is then going backwards so i can step through it! i've been working on the step through from front to back, too. i have so much to work on!

i may try doing the kickstart with my polypro tomorrow. i'm hoping i have some time to practice tomorrow!!!
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I recommend wearing socks when you practice the kickstart... although I didn't bruise myself up when practicing it with my polypro, the grip tape on the inside scratched up the top of my left foot.

BUT I GOT IT, and the leg back in from one leg hooping, too! It'll take a lot more practice before I'm consistent and smooth with it, but I've made it happen!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    I recommend wearing socks when you practice the kickstart... although I didn't bruise myself up when practicing it with my polypro, the grip tape on the inside scratched up the top of my left foot.

BUT I GOT IT, and the leg back in from one leg hooping, too! It'll take a lot more practice before I'm consistent and smooth with it, but I've made it happen!

thanks for the tip!

i started my lady time today, so i think i'm just going to dream about hooping instead. :(

i'm so jeallie that you got it!
  • Sharon0523
    Options
    Hoopnotica has great dvd's showing tricks and they start out slowly and go from there, might also find some of there stuff on youtube.

They have helped me greatly, I can learn in my own home where nobody can see (& laugh at me) :blushing: