So ladies...

Options
Couple few questions...

1. Would you rather have a man with a shaved head (either really close with clippers or razor), a guy who is thinning (not bald yet, but there's not a full field in the meadow), or someone who uses the medical products (i.e. Rogaine) to counteract the natural effects of their genetics?

2. What is the best thing to legitimately say to a woman to strike up a conversation? I always rely on - "What size works best for you?" *wait for disgusted look* "No, I meant I wanted to buy you a house."

Replies

• La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    My crush says he has thinning hair. I didn't even notice it because he's bald. I've never had a preference to bald or not but on him it looks mighty fine. And I love rubbing his head too!! :love: So I'd say, I rather him be bald.

As far as conversation goes, just normal "hi, how are you?" is good enough for me. I don't do cheesy lines. Sure I'll let you splurge $7 on my drink but that's about it when you come to me in that matter.
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Hair is something so small in comparison to personality, so to me, it doesn't matter.

Striking up a conversation about something on tv, out in public, etc. Telling me they like my smile. Be geniune, that's what gets me.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    1. Not too sure about that. (the hair thing)

2. But for striking up a convo... I would say best starting off with polite greetings and start off with talking about interests, hobbies, etc. Get to know what she is like! That's important because it would make her feel you are actually listening and taking the time out to really get to know who she is, what she likes, etc. :)
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    Hair doesn't matter as long as you're confident about it...I always have crushes on bald guys :love:

Just saying hi with a nice smile works well for me!
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    1. I didn't know I had a preference until I looked in my past... The last 4 guys I was attracted to are bald. Haha.

2. Cheesy lines make me want to throw up, unless I'm the one using it!! I would watch the girl (not too hard and creepy) and try to find something she likes, then talk about that. Like for me, I'm usually always wearing something with the San Jose Sharks logo on it, my keys, jacket, hat.. So when I guy starts talking about hockey instead of hitting on my first, it totally works!! I don't like to be chased.
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I have dated all different types from one end of the spectrum to the other. If they can make you laugh, have a conversation with you, and have a kind heart...the hair does not matter.

As far as pick up lines, I usually feel someone is being a smart butt and just ignore them.
  • chargermama0501
    Options
    Couple few questions...

1. Would you rather have a man with a shaved head (either really close with clippers or razor), a guy who is thinning (not bald yet, but there's not a full field in the meadow), or someone who uses the medical products (i.e. Rogaine) to counteract the natural effects of their genetics?

2. What is the best thing to legitimately say to a woman to strike up a conversation? I always rely on - "What size works best for you?" *wait for disgusted look* "No, I meant I wanted to buy you a house."

1. Shaved
    2. Great convo starters all depend on where you're meeting, ex:at church wouldn't be the best place to tell her she's "hotter then hell"....if you're at the grocery just ask her what aisle the "hungryman tv meals are in" (then she'll know you're single)...and if you're at a bar, just a send her a drink across the bar then (if she returns your beer with a smile and a thank you) make you're way over there and tell her that you think "shes adorable and you couldn't help but notice" her.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    1. a man with a shaved head (either really close with clippers or razor)

2. Hi, then say something funny and sweet. Something to do with what she is wearing or how she has her hair, when initiating a convo stay a way from preventive sentences till after you make her laugh.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    1.) Shaved
    2.) Compliment her eyes. (thats what makes me melt)
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    1. Whatever suits you best and makes you feel confident.

2. Hate cheesy chat up lines or innuendo. Much prefer just to be spoken to with interest and sincerity. Like 'How you doing? Have you had a good day/week? what's your job? What kind of music you in to? Hobbies, Interests...... Etc Etc Etc Just a genuine conversation with humour and personality.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options

2. Cheesy lines make me want to throw up, unless I'm the one using it!! I would watch the girl (not too hard and creepy) and try to find something she likes, then talk about that. Like for me, I'm usually always wearing something with the San Jose Sharks logo on it, my keys, jacket, hat.. So when I guy starts talking about hockey instead of hitting on my first, it totally works!! I don't like to be chased.

Love this!! So true! Once I was out wearing my Blackhawks shirt and this guy came up to me and was like "Blackhawks! Sweet!" and we started talking a little. Great conversation starter!!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    1. Bald, absolutely. (I love bald guys. Since I was 12.)
    2. Something neutral and non-threatening that relates to the environment. At a bar: so what's your favorite drink here? Pale ale or Guinness. At the grocery store: I have never cooked with one of these, have you? At the park: I love that tree/the weather's nice/what's your dog's name. Anywhere: compliment on something non-threatening: eyes, hair, jewelry.

If you used the house pickup line on my, I'd probably post it on facebook as a crappy line. ;)
  • peachprl
    peachprl Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I guess I never really thought too much about it, but I think I am more attracted to the shaved head thing than the "meadow" approach (love the analogies, btw...cracked me up). That being said, I think the guys I have dated that have taken good care of themselves and were confident have had that look, in general...hmmm.

As far as the conversation....again, just having confidence. Ahem...CONFIDENCE...not cockiness. Let that be the key word here. Guys get these confused. Often. Just having the courage to go up and talk to a girl and having something of value to say is a great thing. And listen. :-) Great things happen from there!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    1. Don't care. Unless it's a comb-over, in which case you already lost so don't bother tryin

2. Cheesy lines are like comb-overs. Obvious lies ("why is someone as skinny as you on this website) are like comb-overs. Anything sexual is like a comb-over doughnut. Chit-chat about something unique or going on nearby has a good probability of success. But that's just one girl's opinion, and I'm quite a rarity.
  • whitetiger011680
    whitetiger011680 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Couple few questions...

1. I think bald is super sexy on some guys so I would have to go with bald.

2. Ask me my name, buy me a drink and ask about work or hobbies.
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I think bald men are sexy. But a big turn off for me is the "Comb Over", or "Flip Over". When they are balding and trying to flip their thinning hair over a bald spot. Just be confident and shave it off.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Shaved for sure.

Your line would probably work on me although it is pretty stupid. You'd have to follow up with something sincere.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Shave the head. Women can get past the superficial pretty easily.
    Drop the pick up line. Smile, say hello, introduce yourself and tell her in a tactful way why you noticed her. Example: if you noticed her boobs skip that. Just say I think you are very pretty.
    One of the best intro's I ever got - this guy at the gym told me he had seen me around and I looked like a really nice person and he wanted to get to know me better. I was married at the time but it seemed so sincere.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    1) Whatever looks good, the most flattering

2) Hi. Really easy, then why you're approaching, what you noticed, strike up a conversation... etc.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Shaved all the way

Hi, my name is ... having fun tonight? Is usually a good start.