Getting to know you.

Options
2»

Replies

• Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Right there are too many for me to do individual posts now (which is a great thing)
    I just want to say a HUGE thanks for joining and its lovely to see you all and cant wait to get this thing done!
  • Kelly_1981
    Options
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! The motivation, accountabilty and support is what I need. My S/O is very supportive but always makes excuses me for me when I don't do it. He tries to make me feel better. I need someone to kick me in the a**

Heather we will all motivate you and give you a kick in the *kitten* :-) Feel free to return the kick x
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    HI EVERYONE! MY NAME IS RAQUEL AND I AM 27 YEARS OLD. I HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR ABOUT 7 YEARS AND HAVE 2 CHILDREN ( A 5YR OLD BOY AND A 2YR OLD DAUGHTER).

I WAS ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO SAID THAT I WOULD NEVER LET MYSELF GO AFTER I HAD KIDS AND THEN I HAD THEM AND BAM!!! i WENT FROM 125 LBS TO MY HIGHEST AT 170LBS. I AM CURRENTLY DOWN TO 145 BUT WOULD LIKE TO LOOSE ANOTHER 20 LBS TO BE HAPPY!

i TOO HAVE TRIED THE 30DS SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE AND NEVER GET PAST THE FIRST DAY OF LEVEL 2 (IT ALWAYS KICKS MY BUTT)!!

tHIS TIME AROUND I AM ON DAY 7 OF LEVEL 1 AND AM DETERMINED TO GET PAST LEVEL 2 SO I AM GLAD TO HAVE FOUND ALL YOU GREAT PEOPLE FOR SUPPORT. I JUST WANNA FEEL GOOD WHEN I LOOK IN THE MIRROR. I WANT TO WEAR SHORTS AND SKIRTS THIS SUMMER SO GO 30DS!!!!
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I bought this DVD months ago and only did the workout a few times, but could never stick with it for more than a few days. I've been wanting to restart it and FINISH this time. This year is my year to get in shape for life. no excuses.
    I'm 5 '2.5" and as of today 160lbs. I'm 40 years old and a mother of two children ages 17 &14. I am grateful every day to have found my perfect partner who is the most wonderfully supportive man ever. We've been working out on our newly purchased recumbent bike, and strength training. And I'm awaiting the on the elliptical which is being shipped as we speak :tongue:
    I can't wait to do the 30 day shred with everyone.

Linda
  • lgomez75
    lgomez75 Posts: 115
    Options
    Im Lily, from Humble, Texas.
    Im a 36 year old mother of three boys, four if you count my wonderful husband.

I have always been athletic, but the birth of my 3rd boy 17 months ago...along with a torn acl/meniscus has really slowed me down.

But where there is a will, there is a way!

Onward and upward I say!!!:happy: :happy:
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! My name is Ronna and I just turned 56. I have 1 stepdaughter, 1 son that has given me a granddaughter and grandson and my youngest son is about to turn 21 and is in college. :)

I first joined MFP in January '09 and successfully lost 30 lbs. Unfortunately, over the last couple of years, I've managed to put on about 10-15 lbs., off and on over the past several months. :( Now, I'm back on track and have lost about 4 lbs in the past 2 weeks. I haven't started exercising again yet, but I've been reading all the threads about the 30 DS and loved looking at all of the result pictures people have been posting. I'm a little scared to jump back in full force, but I really need to get going. I ordered the DVD from Amazon yesterday morning and got a text saying it was mailed yesterday afternoon. As soon as it gets here, I'm joining in! Together, we can do this!!! :bigsmile:
  • belester
    Options
    I'm Rebecca (Becs), and I'm from New Zealand!
    I'm almost 28 (2 weeks to go eek!) and I am the mother of two little girls. I married my amazing husband in August, and unfortunately the hard earned weight loss in preparation for my wedding has all come flying back on in the months since :( What is it about being happy and comfortable that makes us fat?!
    I started 30DS last week, and am up to day 5 now. I'm determined to focus on the cm loss rather than the numbers on the scale, as I tend to build lean muscle really quickly. Hopefully this will stop me from getting discouraged!
    The first 3 days were horrendous, but I feel so much better at day 5, so it's definitely worth pushing through those first few days :)
  • emverghese
    emverghese Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have to say that I'm so very excited for this group! I'm 33, and from Buffalo, NY. I've been married for 7 years, and my husband and I have a 2 year old son.

Before I got married I was the girl who always hit the gym, went running a m minimum of 5 times a week, and never went to bed without doing at least 200 crunches. Now, several years down the road, a baby, and some recent health issues I'm finding myself 30 pounds heavier, and struggling with making a plan and sticking to it. BUT - that changes today!! Today I started the 30 Day Shred, and am totally committed to sticking with it no matter what it takes!

I look forward to spending the next month with you, sharing encouragement, and hearing about everyone's progress at the end of Feb. :-)
  • tianacaona
    tianacaona Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm Tania, a working mom of two boys (2 and 1) in Philadelphia, PA. I just lost the last of the pregnancy weight and am now trying to lose the extra weight I gained a pre-babies. I've been trying to restArt 30ds but getting up at 5 am has been difficult. I work retail so my schedule is crazy and allows for too many excuses. I also need to start using exercise as my stress relief instead of food. I'm excited to start 30ds (again) and will be up bright and early tomorrow for day one.
  • msmellissa
    Options
    Hi all! I'm new to MFP. My name is Mellissa and I'm 34 years old. I've been with my husband for 12 truly awesome years. We have 5 great kids in our family. Three older ones who are 14, 13, and 11 and our little girls who are 4 and 20 months. I was pretty athletic at one point in my life. I played soccer, softball, and was a cheerleader. I loved camping and hiking on the weekends.While pregnant with my oldest daughter (now 14) I gained about 80 pounds and became very depressed. Since that time I've taken it all off and then some and gained about 40 of it back. I've yo-yo'ed horribly and developed Bulimia in my early 20's.

Unlike most of the people on here I won't be sharing my weight because, per my therapy, I don't know. We don't own a scale. Instead I'll go off of pictures I take along the way and possibly measurements. :) I'm in a size 11-13 right now and my ultimate goal is to get back down to around a 6. I'm 5'0 and feel that that's reasonable.

I hope to get know all of you! Oh! I started the Shred today before I found this group. Anyone else already started?
  • xmissjasmine
    Options
    I'm Jasmine. I'm 25 and have been married to my husband for 5 years. We were just blessed with fraternal twin boys almost 1 year ago and life could not be better. Except for this weight. I started loosing a lot when I started breastfeeding the boys and since I've stopped I packed the weight back on again. I'm 5'3 and 223lbs. I'm looking to get down to 130-140. I have PCOS so weight loss is much harder for me than the average bear. But I'm willing to push through it. I want a lifestyle change that I can maintain to be a good example to my children, and be a better and more energetic mother and wife.

Tomorrow makes day 6 of the shred. I've had to miss about 3 days so I should have been on day 9, but life happened and I'm dealing with it. I'm also working out with EA Active 2 on my Wii right after I finish my 30DS workout. So all in all I spend about 40 minutes a day exercising.

Feel free to add me.
  • nubian22
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 39 and live with my partner in Devon UK. We have 5 children aged 17, 6, 4, 3 and 13 months.
    I volunteer for a local charity once a week and am also studying for an accountancy qualification.
    I'm 5'2.5 and currently weigh 143.8lbs. I'm trying to lose the weight I've gained after having my last baby and ideally would like to weigh around 125 - 130lbs.

I've attempted the 30ds a couple of months ago and got to Level 1 Day 7 and was really, really enjoying it...but found at the end of most days I was just too tired to do it. That with the fact that I actually gained a couple of pounds after 1 week put me off and so I stupidly gave up! I'm going to give it another go with you guys and think I'm going to have to switch to doing it first thing in the morning before the kids get up - no excuses. I could really do with some support this time round.

Feel free to add me. Good luck to everyone!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    My name is Sherri and I live in Wisconsin. I'm happily married to the most wonderful man in the world, all you single ladies can stop looking because he's mine now! :D We've been married 5 and a half years and since we've gotten married we've both put on weight. My husband is doing MFP with me and since Jan 3rd both of us have already dropped over 15lbs each.

Currently I am doing C25K, today I just completed W3D3 and I am loving the program!

I know I need to fill out the rest of my week with some exercise and I've had a 30DS video for at least 6 months. I was part of a 30DS group for about a week and was just having trouble keeping up so I'm starting over.

I'm very excited about being part of an active, supportive group and look forward to cheering all of you forward along this journey!

KEEP MOVING!!! <---- my personal motto for 2012
  • woodmetal
    Options
    I am KIm!! I got married on Oct 1 to the love of my life. It was a long road to each other. I was previously married for 20 yrs. He was previously married for 17 yrs. WE both had to recover from the losses and came out stronger. We both count our blessing that we find in each other everyday!

Between us we have 7 beautiful children. The youngest is 14. He is a gentle giant at 6 ft 5 in. We have two girls and five boys! Very proud of all.

I started this because iI realized that I had gotten lazy and weight was starting to really creep up. I had previously before I met Don been into healthy clean living and then got hurt and lazy. I do not want to end up diabetic and arthritis was becoming a problem again soooo... Here I am !
  • Kelly_1981
    Options
    What an amazing group of people we have! I am so excited for us all.
  • sonogirl8
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I'm 34 years old and I live in New England with my husband and my 15 year old daughter. I'm 5'6" and this past December I hit my lifetime high weight of 160 lbs. I have been so unhappy with the way I look, so I decided to take some drastic measures. I started a plant-based diet about six weeks ago- no meat, eggs or dairy. I lost a few pounds but I was kind of disappointed that for such a major change, I didn't lose more. So it's time to get off my butt and do something about it.
    I started the 30 day shred a week ago today- I missed one day, so today I will be doing my seventh day. I was DESTROYED after day one. Could barely move for two days after, but I somehow plodded through my workout. I still have a hard time with some of the moves, to be honest. But I'm in a MUCH better place than I was just a week ago.
    I'm going to Miami in mid-April and I really want to be able to wear a bikini and feel great in it. I know I can do it!
    Thanks for starting this group! I'm looking forward to doing this together :)