Grumpy?

Options
So I've been on MFP for about 3 weeks and find that during the day I feel GREAT. I'm chugging water, cutting out the caffeine, starting to get a little more active... and I feel awesome. I feel like I'm looking better, my attitude and energy levels are up, and my most annoying students can't even shake me.

BUT... when I get home I'm grumpy and snappy. I don't feel hungry or anything. The caffeine withdraw has subsided, so I'm not sure what my deal is. Has anyone noticed a time of day where they just get the grumps? How do you deal?

Replies

• ready2beme
    ready2beme Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Do you get a transistion period between work and home? When I was working I found if I got home and was thrown straight into taking care of the kids or making diiner, or whatever I turned into a real grump. If you don't have one, take 10 minutes after yo u get home to maybe change clothes, wash your face, and decompress from work. It might help you get focused on your evening at home rather than you being frazzled.
  • Babs540
    Babs540 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It might also be that pinnacle moment where your body is spent most the energy from the foods you've consumed all day. Try a small apple late day and see if that helps carry you over. The sugars in the apple will give you enough energy and keep your mood up. It's the same when my son gets home from preschool. He's hungry and crabby to boot. And I know i've been there a thousand times.
  • MountainMia
    MountainMia Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, I'm having a heck of a time with the grumps. I'm hoping mine may be situational, climate or hormonal related, but I feel like I'm on the edge and ready to roll some heads. In fact, the next one that comes near me may get bit off. Ugh! I'm gonna put the kids to bed, drink a glass of wine, get a good nights rest and analize this in the am.