Jeans!

Options
I have a problem.. none of my jeans fit! I work from home so I can get away with wearing yoga pants or draw string sweat pants.. but all of my jeans fall off me.. I have a few pairs in storage that are "goal pants" but I am SO not there yet. I am only down 22 pounds now but I have over 100 pounds left to go yet. Do I buy new ones or wait a few months and hope to wear my goal pants this spring and live the rest of winter in sweats?

Replies

• H2Ologist
    H2Ologist Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Goodwill. They are cheap enough that you don't feel bad about only wearing them a little while until you get to your goal pants.
  • Karebear33
    Options
    Or any thrift store! That is what I am going to do until I meet my goal weight.
  • todaysanewday
    Options
    or ebay
  • FinallyFindingLisa
    FinallyFindingLisa Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you... I am not sure what happened between my "thinner" jeans and my fat ones, I know I wasn't running around naked, but I'll be darned if I know what happened to any of those pants (the shirts, I've got those) I've bought 1 new pair a size down and plan to buy another 1 two sizes down. I stay "baggie panted" until the new ones fit. It's a tiny little reward for staying on track. My work pants on the other hand, I'll have to try a resale shop since I can't get by with just one pair of those.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Join this MFP group! It's just for people with this problem! :flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3374-mfp-thrift-store
  • MamaJasmine
    Options
    I think I would rather wear sweats than wear used jeans... I might just be a snob.. but the idea of wearing someone else's pants grosses me out.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    You're gonna spend a lot of money on jeans if you buy new ones... There's nothing wrong with used jeans. That's why they make washing machines. :wink:
  • Mamaincali
    Mamaincali Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You're gonna spend a lot of money on jeans if you buy new ones... There's nothing wrong with used jeans. That's why they make washing machines. :wink:

Ditto. Used underwear would be gross!
  • MamaJasmine
    Options

Ditto. Used underwear would be gross!

Actually I am allergic to underwear so I rarely wear them so really it is the same thing as buying used underwear to me..
  • mtjaxx
    mtjaxx Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    some places have an exchange program. Our hospital does bariatric weightloss surgeries and they have support groups with exchange clothing. you could check into that.