Exercising!

Options
Etiqueta
Etiqueta Posts: 42 Member
What are you currently doing to exercise, how often and how long do you exercise, and what would you like to start doing?

I just started going to a gym down the road this week and I've stuck with walking on the treadmill so far. Jimmy and I plan on going every other day together for at least an hour, but I ended up going tonight for over an hour because I was bored. I'm going to start using the elliptical machines and see if I can sign up for a weight lifting class. I'd love to start running, but for now I'm taking it slow. After I start getting a bit more fit I'm going to work on the kickboxing bootcamp dvd I have.

Replies

• cannie55
    cannie55 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Right now my exercise is basically just walking my dog for about 30 minutes a day.

I had a wicked case of bronchitis over the holidays and am just starting to get better. The dr. said I could start exercising more next week. Before the holidays, I was going to the gym several times a week and doing 30 minutes on the elliptical and then about 30 minutes on the track. After my cardio I did a round on the weights

If you're interested in starting to run you should look up the Couch to 5k running plan, it's free and it's fantastic! As soon as I can start exercising again I'll be starting up on that running plan.
  • Etiqueta
    Options
    I have the Couch to 5k bookmarked somewhere, so I've definitely planned on utilizing that! Until I get new shoes and feel that I'm capable of not falling off the treadmill if I tried running I'll continue walking. I can't stand walking one speed, so I play with the speed and incline throughout the time I'm walking. I'm usually between 2.0 (when I need to get a drink or mess with my ipod so I don't fall off) and 3.7. I'm hoping by next week I'll be good to get to 4.0 and stick with that for a good amount of time. Yesterday my shins hurt so I cranked the incline up to 6 and stuck with that for most of the time since it wasn't bothering me.
  • cannie55
    Options
    I can't run/walk on the treadmill for the life of me, I swear I'm about to fall off all the time! Walking on an incline is supposed to be a good workout though. I hope your shins stop hurting!

I'm going to try and go for a gentle hike today. Crossing my fingers my lungs don't explode!

Totally random side note, but when I was at the grocery I was trying to look at the calories of everything I was buying and I really wanted to find something to help my sweet tooth that wasn't too terrible for me. I found some Klondike ice cream bars that are only 100 calories, they're vanilla ice cream with a chocolate shell and they're super good! So, if you need something little and sweet, I totally recommend them
  • Etiqueta
    Options
    Whenever I get off the treadmill I feel like I'm going to fall over because I feel so lightheaded from walking for so long. It's such a weird feeling. It happens every single time I use a treadmill.

I wanna go hiking! I need to see if there's a walking trail here like there is in the county I moved from.

I love yogurt when I'm craving something sweet! I stocked up on Chobani yogurts because they were on sale. I also really like a small bowl of ice cream piled with fresh cut strawberries. Soooo good. I need to go grocery shopping soon because I'm out of fruits and veggies.
  • cannie55
    Options
    That's weird you get lightheaded, are you drinking enough water? Sometimes my legs feel like jell-o, but I don't normally get dizzy.

I love the Chobani yogurt too. I've been buying the big container of vanilla and eating it with fresh blueberries (and a little brown sugar :) )
  • Etiqueta
    Options
    I drink a large cup of water (idk how much they hold, but they're bigger than 8oz cups) before going and take one of the bigger Aquafina bottles full of water and end up finishing that before I'm even done walking. I think it's just going from the motion from the treadmill to actually walking that makes me lightheaded. A few years ago when I was using my grandma's treadmill the same thing would happen. Until I'm so lightheaded that I feel like I'm going to pass out or fall over I'll be worried.

I wanna go grocery shopping! D: I ran out of fruits and veggies and I don't really have anything left to snack on besides pudding. I haven't given in to that yet, though. Hopefully this weekend I can stock up on frozen stuff at least. Right now I have half a bag of lima beans (I have a weakness for lima beans...), bag of strawberries that's nearly gone, 3/4 bag of peaches, a full bag of mixed berries, and a small box of spinach. I'm thinking I'm going to get more lima beans, strawberries, green beans, carrots, and broccoli (to throw in smoothies, I don't like broccoli).
  • cannie55
    Options
    I'm impressed by all the fruits and veggies you have! I need to get some more at the grocery this weekend too.

Tonight I'm making French Onion Soup which I'm SUPER excited out. My onions have been cooking in the crock-pot for the last couple hours and they smell amazing!
  • Etiqueta
    Options
    I really want to get more fresh stuff because I'm sick of just having frozen stuff! Fresh produce I want green leaf lettuce, carrots, bananas, strawberries, apples, celery, tomatoes, and anything else that looks good.

I've been wanting to make French Onion Soup for a while, but idk if Jimmy likes onion soup! I have a couple different recipes saved, so I'll have to bother him one of these days and see if he'd want me to make it.
  • cannie55
    Options
    My French Onion turned out sooo good! The only downside is that it's not very filling.

If you like soup, I made this one last week and it was insanely good and filling! Plus it's pretty healthy and low cal too. I don't remember exactly, but I think it worked out to about 250 cals per serving.
    http://anniescookinglab.com/2012/01/29/tomato-basil-parmesan-soup/
  • Etiqueta
    Options
    I want soup so bad right now. Come cook for me? Jimmy went grocery shopping without me and since he screws up every time I give him a list I only gave him "easy" stuff to find.
  • cannie55
    Options
    I just made another soup tonight- baked potato soup :P not quite as healthy as the French Onion, but I used non-fat milk and things to make it a little healthier. It's SO filling and yummy! If you were close by I'd totally share with you!
  • Etiqueta
    Options
    I LOVE making potato soup! Potatoes, ham and/or bacon, celery, onion, milk, margarine, and rivels. <3
    I think I know what I'm making soon.
  • cannie55
    Options
    Yep, that's pretty much what's in my soup minus the meat! I added some green onions too! It's super yummy, but higher in calories than I'd like :/