mixed signals

Options
christine24t
christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
I hate mixed signals! My crush was at the bar tonight. He told me last semester that he was dating a girl from our class but he was free tonight and we danced for the longest time. He told me they broke up, that I was the hottest girl in our class and don't ever let anyone tell me different. I wanted to believe it so bad but it's just hard to tell if he really likes me or just wants to get with temporarily while she's not at the bar. I think he's still dating her (you couldn't even tell they were dating in the first place because they never even divulged their relationship in public but he told me they were dating last semester) but I like him so bad so it's hard to care about her. I just hate these mixed signals so bad!!

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    When he said you were hot, why not say, Thank you, and so are you! Does that mean we should date/go out/make babies!! lol See what his reaction is :bigsmile:

I hate mixed signals too, and men are very good and being nice!! So I usually have to ask them straight, otherwise its just mind games. So, pluck up the courage to just ask him what he meant by his comments.......

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel honey. I have a similar issue with a friend of mine. He tells me he wants to be with me but cant cause of my ex but cant stay away from me lol. My only advice would be wait and see what happens. Dont rush it you dont want to find out later he is still dating this other girl. So be careful :flowerforyou:
  • agregson1985
    agregson1985 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i have the same issue to. ive come to the point where im just gonna act like his friend until he makes his move because he knows im interested and i dont wanna come off strong. if he doesnt make a move and i happen to meet someone else his loss. sometimes they just need to see we moved on and then their radar goes off like i dont want someone else with her. haha so we will c!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    thank you for all your responses!! it's frustrating yet exciting!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    when guys give me mixed signals, it usually means they are either playing the field or they know I'm a good woman and they don't want to burn bridges.

The good news is, I've never heard a guy call a girl "hot" who didn't mean it so yay YOU!

If he's really interested, he'll be around for awhile ;-)
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Stay away from the bar. Maybe you and this crush have a common activity you both enjoy. Get together to do whatever it is that you both enjoy.

Just be real, Tell him exactly how you feel, how you want things between you two. If he's into that, great! If not, you'll find someone who is in sync with you.