Days in Hotels...help!

Options
JohnTR25
JohnTR25 Posts: 20 Member
Hi,

I find it difficult to maintain a diet because I spend so much time in hotels with work.

How do you manage?

John

Replies

• Florawanda
    Florawanda Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hi, John,
    Can you email the hotel ahead to say that you are on a special diet/vegetarian or whatever, and would appreciate it if they can provide you with salads or veggie dishes instead of the usual heavy stuff they serve...

I mention vegetarian, as even though I am not, I notice at a regular weekly meeting and meal I attend, those who ask for veggie dishes often get healthier choices, like cauliflower cheese.

Other tip may be to ask for smaller portions when you order... I know a lot of hotels/restaurants do this now for people in my elderly age-group. Or you can ask for a starter from the menu to be served as a main course.

Another possibility is to travel with a plastic container with raw carrots, celery etc already chopped up, and nuts and dried fruits, and fresh fruit so you can supplement your snacks. I have to confess that when I went away I would take chocolate bars with me so I got my chocolate fix at Tesco prices - that won't be happening in future!!!