Looking for Support

Options
marsellient
marsellient Posts: 591 Member
Hello everyone. I see lots of you have the same weight loss challenge as I do, although I'm older than most of you. I'm 55, live in Caledon and just joined a couple of days ago. I have 70 lbs to get to 150, but have started with an initial goal of 30. I know I can do it, but it isn't going to be easy. I'm determined to keep my blood pressure and cholesterol under control without medication. My significant other and I like good food and wine, and have indulged too much, too often. We eat all the right things, but need to cut out the extra stuff. So, here I go. Anyone like to chat?

Replies

• chase7512
    chase7512 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling the wife and I "LOVE" food, but for the last two years we have still been eatting the same foods just a lot more portion control.

We haven't had white bread, rice, pasta in about 5 years, we have cut soda out of our life and are now trying a gluten free"ish" lifestyle.
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Chase, you've done really well...congratulations. I don't intend to cut out any specific foods. As you say, portion control is the key. I like the tracking here, and the support, and I'm determined to make it work, too.