My ex has a girlfriend after 1 week.

Options
I'm feeling completely devastated. How can we be so important to each other just last week and now I am NOTHING. How can someone care so little about me.

I know I'll get over this one day.... But I've been trying to get away for a year and he's just always so happy and I'm so miserable right now.

Vent. I'm sorry.

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    It's probably just a rebound relationship - he probably misses being in a relationship. I don't think it has anything to do with you. I don't know if hearing that will help or not but I think it's true.
  • BlondeLisa1
    BlondeLisa1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    A lot of guys can't be alone. Unfortunately, he probably wasn't as committed as you were that short week ago. I actually think it is validating that he can't be without someone and rebounded so quickly- it shows that he's probably very insecure and needs someone constantly to be "happy".

You are stronger, better and wiser than that. But I know how much it can hurt. I'm sorry.

Besides, we were always taught to give our old used toys to others less fortunate. :flowerforyou: Maybe you can offer her your dinner leftovers, too?
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    its probably just a rebound- 3 weeks after my bf broke up with me he had a gf...they lasted like 2 months
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    My ex was dating and ... such... after a short time as well. I think the other posters are right that some guys just need a girl and she's probably a rebound. It still sucks and hurts, but remember, he's not actually in a better place than you.
  • agregson1985
    agregson1985 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    ugh i totally know how you feel, my first bf had a gf after a week and moved in with her after 2 weeks! obviosuly they had something going on for quite some time, then my ex fiance well he cheated on me our whole 2 years which i found out after we broke uP! i found out about her a week before i had our daughter. And when we tried working things out and he was supposidly away at work he was moving into a house they bought. yeah like i was devasted but you know what all this makes me stronger and i dont need a man to be happy! karma is a *****.To the person who pisses you off, "May the fleas of 1000 camels infest their crouch and may their arms be too short to scratch!
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone .... I'm trying to keep my mind 100% occupied.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    The subject of relationships can often leave a bad taste in someone's mouth.

You'll find yours.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    A lot of people end up right back in relationships (male or female). The problem with this is they don't give themselves a chance to understand what went wrong. So they usually repeat the mistake. Those 'rebound' relationships tend to die fast because things you put up with, this new girl won't.

Now you know he's moved on. It's time for you to figure out what happened, what you need and how to get it. And in the meantime, work on the things you want for yourself. Then, with action plan in hand, go get 'em.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. I know exactly how you feel. But this was my husband of over 14 years. Other then the kids I wish he had only ever been a boyfriend. We were not right for each other. Like you said - keep your mind busy and eventually the hurt will lessen. Promise!
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    A lot of people end up right back in relationships (male or female). The problem with this is they don't give themselves a chance to understand what went wrong. So they usually repeat the mistake. Those 'rebound' relationships tend to die fast because things you put up with, this new girl won't.

Now you know he's moved on. It's time for you to figure out what happened, what you need and how to get it. And in the meantime, work on the things you want for yourself. Then, with action plan in hand, go get 'em.

This! I would also say, figure out what you want and I would suggest trying to work out your baggage so you don't take things out on a future bf. I've worked hard on that myself!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options

Yeah, definitely this. Keep yourself occupied. As hard as it is to hear, you need to worry about yourself, not him. Go treat yourself to something and get your mind off it. Maybe a girl's night out is in order?
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. My ex had a gf the next week and we were together for a year. It hurt me soooo much because I felt like i never even mattered. It hurts now but you WILL find someone 100,00 times better then him
  • melg126
    melg126 Posts: 378
    Options
    ***** HUGS **** :flowerforyou: Time heals all wounds baby girl... but it really is truth!

My first true love we lived together for two years and two weeks after I moved out he was on a date with some chic he met off Yahoo chat. Talk about being hurt... but it made me realize that:

A. he could not be alone

B. he needed someone that quickly to OBVIOUSLY get over me... LMAO :happy:

and

C. she could keep his sorry *kitten*! :devil:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Try to keep in mind to that he is your "ex",that means don`t focus on him...focus on you.:flowerforyou:
    You never get to the horizon by looking in the rear view mirror.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    You never get to the horizon by looking in the rear view mirror.

I've heard that before, but I like it even more each time I hear it.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    your EX is an EX for a reason my dear...remember that !
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Coming from a bad break-up, I do understand our point. My ex had dumped me twice for another woman. I agree with what others said about the possibility of a rebound relationship. Or it could be that he already knew the girl long before you two considered it quits & he's really not that much into you. As ugly as it may seem but sometimes life is like that, we never know what's in store for us. Many times we thought that we are the one but not until he finds a woman more suitable to him. Whether we like it or not but sometimes we encounter somebody who is more compatible & share many things in common than our partners.

I know its easier said than done but you must forget him & instead focus on with the people that truly loves you like your family & friends. He's not your loss anyway.