My P90 journey

Options
Smuterella
Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
So, I started P90 today despite a crashing hangover, I really enjoyed the Sculpt 1-2 circuit and according to my HRM I burned 250 calories doing it which is a lot more than expected. I'm excited to see what the Sweat circuit burns now.

I think I need heavier weights or will soon, I'm current using 2.5 lbs for some of the tricky exercises, the rest with 5lbs. I guess I need to get some non-Barbie weights!

Just chilling now with a Protein drink and feeling pleased with myself.

Replies

• siharris04
    siharris04 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good job!! I was working out a coupe of weeks ago with the onset of flu symptoms... and then worked out as was on the mend (coughing, sniffing, etc) was no fun either. You will have your strength back soon and will probably burn even more calories. Still you deserve 5 stars for working out at all with a hangover. :drinker:
  • jnbud2002
    jnbud2002 Posts: 216
    Options
    I definitely digs Sculpt more than Sweat, but hence the names and why I dislike it. LOL, As much as I'd rather do Sculpt, I know I am getting way more from Sweat! Keep it up! siharris04 and I are starting on Monday, and I'm excited to start incorporating P90 again. What kind of HRM do you have? I want to get one, was looking into the Polar PT4 I think it is, but seen one at Wally's for cheaper and quicker access
  • Smuterella
    Options
    Thanks! I'm going to post on here each day to keep myself motivated and so lovely people like you can hold me accountable. :-)

Off out to buy some new trainers before doing Sweat today - don't want to get injured like I did with Jillian Michaels!

I bought thePolar FT4, it is so worth it - really easy to use.
  • Smuterella
    Options
    OK, day 2 in the bag. 354 calories in the 40 minutes it took me to go through the programme. I hate the yoga but it all gets better after that.

Tried it with my new MaxiTone trainers and my balance felt a little off, hope I get used to them soon!
  • Rboch
    Rboch Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Work with whatever weights you are comfortable with/able to get a workout with for now and you will get stronger and be able to increase how many reps you do/the weight as you go. I'm on day 6 and feeling really good. Looking forward to following your journey as well! Good luck!
  • jnbud2002
    Options
    I am totally with you! Power yoga sucks *kitten*! But just like you said, it's all good after that! I like the punching, makes me feel like a boxer! hahaha keep it up! I'm starting tomorrow! GO US!
  • Smuterella
    Options
    I love the kickboxing type stuff, I'm very angry at the moment so I'm just imagining my former lover standing in front of me whilst I'm kicking and punching! Ha!

I definitely need heavier weights, while I could only do the 30 DS with the 2.5 lbs, the slower pace and frequent breaks on Power 90 make the moves easy (i.e. I get nowhere near failure) with the 5lbs. I'm going to order new weights to arrive Saturday. I feel like I'm wasting my energy a little doing it with too light weights.

:-)
  • Smuterella
    Options
    Woot, Day 3 done. The 5lb weights let me do around 12 reps of each so once I can do 15 of each I'll change up.
  • jnbud2002
    Options
    I did my first day today! Good ol Sculp 1-2! I'm not looking forward to tomorrow... but it's for the best! I'm just starting out with 8 reps of each. I feel you on the weights tho. I'm actually using a resistance band and I think it's not tight enough, but since I'm just starting out, I'm going to stay with these at least for this week, I know I'm going to be feeling it tomorrow! Go us for getting it in!
  • Smuterella
    Options
    Yay! Its great to have company! I don't ache at all which is why I think I need to change it up fairly soon, might order some new weights for Monday.
  • Rboch
    Options
    Way to go! I just completed day 8, its good to increase the weights when you feel ready, although I will say I can feel that I am working hard during the workout but I think the stretching and constant switching between cardio and sculpting keeps your muscles going, I don't feel as sore as I thought I would but I'm already uping my weights and getting stronger!
  • Smuterella
    Options
    Yay for you! Yep, I definitely think the mid point stretching is part of it, I'm not getting sore at all! I ached after each 30DS session with lighter weights but this seems a lot...easier.

Day 4, cardio, tonight, I'm going to give it a bit more energy that I did on Day 2. I over ate last night as i hadn't realised you shouldn'teat back HRM calories for strength training and so need to power through it!
  • Smuterella
    Options
    Day 4 done. I pushed hard with the cardio as I want to bank a few calories as I'm having a friend over tomorrow and there will be wine. 405 calories in the 41 minutes it takes me from warm up to end of abs. I'm happy.

Now I need a bath!
  • Rboch
    Options
    Way to go! Keep it up :) It's a good feeling when you push yourself and work hard isn't it!
  • Smuterella
    Options
    Last night was really tough, I'd had a huge lunch and only made it 20 minutes through before I started to get really nauseous, and this was at 6pm! Still, I gave it my best shot.
  • Smuterella
    Options
    OK, feeling better, day 6 in the bag. I even added an extra round of punches.
  • Rboch
    Options
    Awesome! Post workout feeling is always great, keep it up!
  • Smuterella
    Options
    Today is supposed to be my rest day BUT I'm out Tuesday night and won't get to exercise so, I'm thinking of doing an extra day of cardio today instead. Hmmm.
  • Rboch
    Options
    I think as long as you get all of your workouts in that's ok? I mean I worked out today (spinning/TRX class) and my body is done... so I'm thinking I'll do both Sculpt and Sweat tomorrow together to make up for today's.
  • Smuterella
    Options
    Due to circumstances outside my control I took two rest days instead of one and so did both Sculpt and Sweat today - wow - I feel amazing. I even did the kick and punch rounds twice...I'm almost wondering whether I should go up to level 3-4 earlier than day 42 as I'm only on day 8 now and I can definitely take more than level 1-2 is throwing at me. I'm loving this programme.