Workout of the day?

Options
CaseyBee
CaseyBee Posts: 163 Member
So what are we all working on right now? C25K? 30DS? P90X? Ri30? NROLFW? (so many acronyms!) I'd love to know!

I'm almost finished with Week 2 of Ripped in 30, and pepper in some Zumba for Wii every now and then. I got a few weeks into C25K this last summer but quit when it was dark both before and after I went to work, but I want to restart it soon!

Replies

• utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 6wk6pk along with Zumba Wii and running intervals!
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I finished 30DS and am currently doing RI30 (:
  • AmyMK
    AmyMK Posts: 164
    Options
    I'm training for a 10k in 6 weeks...my first one since 11th grade gym class!
  • CaseyBee
    Options
    How do the two compare? I started with Ri30, but I hear that most people like it better than 30DS (having done that one first) so now I'm not sure if I wouldn't be better off skipping it... it sounds like Ri30 is the "new and improved" 30DS.
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options

I'd like to know how they compare too I plan to start one in march.

I just do at least 20 mins exercise a day doing all sorts of activities. I plan to focus on strength training more. Some days are hard core and even the softer days I burn about 300 cal. I have done the c25k in the past as I struggled to get into jogging.

- Wii Zumba
    - EA Sports Active 4 times a week
    - jujitsu twice a week
    - 2mile jog once a week by myself
    - jog as far as possible with a partner on a Sunday we have a half marathon coming up. We plan to walk the last hurdle if we have to!!
  • strunkm4
    strunkm4 Posts: 266
    Options
    Lately, I've been doing Kickboxing. I've been teaching a hybrid class of kickboxing and cardio bootcamp.

Other than that, cycling, plyometrics, and jogging. I'm a strong believer in adding plyometrics to your work out routine!
  • Morganjannelle
    Options
    Great post Casey!

I'm not currently doing any programs but I have memberships at the pool a few blocks from my house, so I can swim weekends and before work, and the Goodlife in my building so I can work out during my lunch break. So far it’s been easy to stick with.

I'm training for a 10k in 6 weeks...my first one since 11th grade gym class!

I’m training for a 10K as well- it’s exactly 3 months from today. eep!
  • grimms11208
    grimms11208 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I am doing a P90X/Insanity Hybrid I am starting week 2 today last week I missed a couple days but made it up over the weekend so that made me happy. Today it is Chest & Back/Cardio Abs and I will probably take my big boy Brutus for a walk since he needs his exercise too!
  • CaseyBee
    Options
    I just finished day 2 of W3 (Rippedin30) and DH isn't home from badminton yet... quick change of shoes and I'm gonna Zumba it up! Whabam! :)
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    What is "NROLFW"??

I'm just running a lot.
    I bought 30DS, RI30, and Killer Buns and Thighs but I'm having issues starting them...
    I'd rather spend an hour in the gym than do a 30 minute video, is that strange?? lol
  • CaseyBee
    Options
    What is "NROLFW"??
    It's a book, called (The) New Rules of Lifting for Women. It's a heavy-lifting program (complete with nutrition plan) designed to get you into a weight room and comfortable with the different lifts/techniques/form etc. that happen there. Well, really it's designed to get you toned and sexy, but the other stuff happends too. ;) I've been interested in it for a long time, but I don't have access to a gym, so no deadlifts/squat racks for me... YET! Someday. :)
  • kendrafox
    kendrafox Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing Juillian Micheals 30DS. I am on day 4 of level one and it is kicking my a**!! I love the "good" pain feeling that it gives me after each workout. I hope to start adding one of Juillian Micheals other DVD's to the mix every few days just so I don't get board with the sequences. I am thinking either the No more trouble zones or the banish the fat DVD. Haven't quit decided yet. Any opinions?
  • Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I am currently working on training for a 10K too, which is a 3 day a week program. For the other 3 days, I do circuit training, and I alternate between whatever I feel like that day. It could be 30DS, Ri30, etc. I sometimes also do a small run on circuit training days if I'm really up for it.

Today I did 30DS Level 2 and played soccer. Oh man- I thought we'd have lots of subs in soccer so I worked out before- but we were short players! I am exhausted.
  • Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing Juillian Micheals 30DS. I am on day 4 of level one and it is kicking my a**!! I love the "good" pain feeling that it gives me after each workout. I hope to start adding one of Juillian Micheals other DVD's to the mix every few days just so I don't get board with the sequences. I am thinking either the No more trouble zones or the banish the fat DVD. Haven't quit decided yet. Any opinions?

I like Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones, but I don't usually do them because they are longer- like 40-50 minutes.
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    This is my planned workout routine.

Mon: 200 Sit up, 100 push up, C25K
    Tue: 30DS
    Wed: 200 Sit up, 100 push up, C25K
    Thur: 30DS
    Fri: 200 Sit up, 100 push up, C25K
    Sat / Sun: Ride bike if possible

Current levels:
    - 200 sit ups: W3D1 - last night did 125 in total
    - 100 push ups: Initial test - only managed 5 full push ups, start W1D1 tomorrow
    - C25K: W1D2
    - 30DS: Starting March 1st