Spicing Up the Reset Phase

Options
I have not ordered the package yet, nor am I going to for another week. However, I'm starting the Reset Phase on February 1st. I'm busy (seemingly all the time). I have work, a 2 year old son, and a fiance that doesn't live with me yet. I'm also looking for a house and trying to get my life to a point where the chaos can slow down a bit. These are all excuses I've used to quit diets before, Including P90X and The 17 Day Diet.

My mom told me about the PINK Method because she saw it on TV. Her neighbor had bought it and had great results in the first month. She bought it, but couldn't hack it. Not every diet is made for everyone, and the PINK Method just wasn't made for her. She did, however, let me look at the stuff she got this weekend. I've been researching it a bit since she mentioned it, and now that I've seen the whole package (Online Community Excluded - I have MFP for that), I've decided to try it. I've made up a Quick-View guide for myself, listing all the foods I know I'll eat that are allowed on the Reset Phase, as well as a small, paper food diary - so I can log it all when I get off work. I plan on purchasing the full PINK Method package after my first week of the Reset Phase, if I can handle the food restrictions and not cheat.

I've read a few posts from this group, and I've noticed that a lot of people are not happy with the lack of variety (eating the same thing over and over for 2 weeks can get quite tired). I think I may have a solution to that. I've got myself a Sam's Club Membership now, and a deep freezer. I plan on pre-making my lunches and dinners and freezing them, with some cut fresh veggies, all in portion size packages for ease of use at work (for lunch) and for a quick-fix dinner.

Suggestions I have based on my own Menu Plans:
1) Ground Turkey Chili... It's the regular Chili Recipe, but with Ground Turkey instead of Ground Beef. You can even add more veggies to it to make it chunkier and more filling.
2) Using Romain Lettuce leaves as Taco Shells, and making Turkey Tacos with a ton of veggies.
3) Chicken cut into strips. Season it however you want and use it as a Salad topping. I do this for lunch everyday. I switch between Chipotle Chicken and Italian Chicken. I'm going to make some Lemon Pepper chicken this weekend to add to the variety.
4) Mix up the type of berries you use in the morning smoothie. Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries... they are all allowed, and all yummy in a smoothie. There are tons more berries you can choose from, but those are the ones I know off the top of my head.
5) Don't EVER skimp of the veggies. If you don't want the same thing each night with dinner, cook it in a different fashion. My mother gave me a number of recipes recently, and almost all of them work with the Reset Phase restrictions. I can even sometimes substitue something not allowed in a recipe I like for a veggie that is allowed and it still tastes great. My favorite website to go to for healthy recipes is GreenLiteBites.com
6) Plan for being hungry. I have already planned snack packs of various raw veggies to snack on during the day.

I'm not a huge veggie fan. I'd rather have a steak than a celery stick, but I'm not only changing the way I eat, but I'm changing the way I feel about the things I eat. It takes 21 Days to form a habit and I plan on making healthy eating my newest one.

Replies

• Annybel
    Annybel Posts: 62
    Options
    Below is a link to my shared Google Docs PINK Method folder. In it is 4 PDF files.
    I've included the food lists for the Reset and Primary phases, and the Shred Soup Recipe and my favorite PINK Drink Smootie Recipe in PINKnutrition.pdf. Please keep in mind that this is tailored for myself, and does not include ALL the available foods, only the ones I knew I'd actually try or eat.
    The PINKdiary files are labeled according to the Phase they represent. Don't mind the workout section on the Primary phase. I wrote this before I decided to buy it. The Primary phase includes the 4-day recovery as well.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6zGmy4fHyBuZTMyZjQzNmItNjJkNi00YzM5LWEzNDgtYjY2ZDBjMjU0NmIx
  • Annybel
    Annybel Posts: 62
    Options
    I added an excel sheet in that google docs folder. It talks about Freezing foods and meals, how to freeze things properly, a time table for how long things can be frozen, and a few recipes that can be easily frozen and cooked right out of the freezer.
  • LBdolphin25
    Options
    Thanks for all the great resources on GoogleDocs! Have you started the program yet? I am on Day 10 of Phase 1, after a 2 week reset. I have lost 2.7 lbs of fat and 5.3 pounds overall so far. The workouts are definitely challenging, but the kardio is starting to get a little easier- I did all the jumping jacks last night for the first time! Let me know if you are sticking with it, would love to have a buddy!