Just wanted to say (somewhat personal and gross)

Options
peachNpunkin
peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
Today I had a break through. I passed gas, and didn't have to run to the bathroom to make sure I didn't Shart on myself. Such a shame that gluten is so disasterous to the body.

I went grocery shopping at my local HEB, and it was a wonderful experience. They have all of the gluten free products marked with a brown tag on the price. It was so easy to shop, and buy foods that I enjoy that are gluten free.

I continue to thank you all for all of your advice, and to the person who created this group, you are genius. Thank you, Thank you. Y'all make this process alot easier. My family totally does not get it. I don't know if it is because they don't understand, or just don't care. I really feel like they don't care.

It's nice to look into the mirror and not have dark blue almost black undereyes, and actually have a bit of color today. I can't wait until this two week period is over, so that I can sit down and look at what my symptoms were (are) and tell myself they are gone.

BTW, this is day #6 of being gluten free, and I am feeling so much better already.

Replies

• ttwsweet
    Options
    It is gross... but totally wonderful too. I will say (TMI?) since living GF... I don't really burp or toot anymore! I used to belch with the best of 'em!! Think fraternity boys, burping the alphabet!!! Ha! Now... it's a rare day when a little air escapes out of my mouth or bum... my husband says I've become "dainty!" :)

Probably some folks on this forum might not agree.. but if you get the chance, read the book Wheat Belly... as a nurse, you'd probably really appreciate the science and thought behind why our bodies react the way they do, to (in my case) wheat and gluten.

And something that the author says, (which I really appreciate as I'm nearly one month into eating well, and exercising)... "eat gluten free, but limit eating Gluten Free." In other words.... eat all the stuff that's normally glueten free... meat, cheese, vegetables, fruits, nuts.... because processed Gluten Free foods... are still processed foods! That really stuck with me and I've tried to limit how much time I spend in the GF isles at the grocery! Of course, finding noodles, frozen GF pizza crust and things like that, are a blessing! But otherwise... the cookies, crackers, etc?... well, I'm trying to learn to do without.

I'm just so glad it's going well for you! Keep up the good, good, gluten free work!!