Monster Bash Dash - Kissimmee 5/26

Options
hamncheese67
hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
Since no Run For Your Lives zombie run is scheduled for Florida, here's an alternative for Central Florida. This is a locally produced 5k that's very similar. Go to http://www.rockonadventures.com/ for details.

Here's an excerpt of the description from the website:

The Monster Bash Dash is a very unique race here in Florida. It will be all about having a scary good time with friends, family and coworkers! Participants will be chased through out the course by "Monsters". These Monsters will try to grab the flags that each participant will be wearing. Participants will encounter several scary things as they make their way to the finish. Monsters lobbing "Blood Balloons" at them as they try to get by them. Participants will encounter the "Slaughter House", the "Goblin Gauntlet", the "Haunted Hay" to name a few. Monsters, Goblins, Werewolves, Vampires will drop from trees, come out from the woods and try to get those flags without touching or grabbing the participant. To be honest some of the participants will be so scared that they will just give the Monsters their flags..;-). Participants that make it to the finish line with at least one flag, will get a special t shirt that tells everyone that they "Out ran the Monsters at The Monster Bash", while those they have no flags at the finish will get a different shirt letting everyone know that they ended up being "Monster Mash at the Monster Bash".

Replies

• ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    OH WOW What a most unusual and unique kind of race this is. I visited the website and never knew any of this stuff happened in Kissimmee. I will be sure to book mark the site and who knows maybe some day years from now when I have made my transformation I will participate in the Dash. Heck this would be fun to watch as well, But why is this in May? I would think October would be a better time to hold such an event.
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I just saw this on runlocator....are you open for a team run so we can save a few ducats? I have a friend who is interested in it also.
  • MoniSunZ
    MoniSunZ Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    ^
    (that'd be me haha) Hi!
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I might be up for a team to save some $ and ward off monsters. I noticed that they will be having special Halloween one on Oct. 27, so I might wait for that.
  • TJMcQN
    TJMcQN Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That is SO COOL! Gotta do it. Thanks for the info. October does sound more feasible due to prior obligations. Might have to consider rearranging those obligations though. This sounds too good to miss.