Struggling

Options
Jessie43082
Jessie43082 Posts: 171 Member
It's been a rough couple weeks. I was doing so well, but lately my food choices haven't been the greatest. I know some of it is because I have been home more often, since my car has been broke for about a month. My next surgeon appt is Feb. 13 and I'm trying to avoid getting a fill, so I really want to get back on track between now and then. I'm doing a back to basics day of liquids and mushies to see if that helps. Maybe tomorrow too. Any advice from someone who has been through this?

Replies

• TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    It's rough sometimes but just take it one day at a time. I am almost 6 months post-op and I still have issues. Not sure how long it's been for you, but the weight didn't go on overnight and won't come off overnight. Don't beat yourself up. The good thing is you realized that the choices you were making were not the best and did something to change that. Keep up the good work. I'll be thinking of you.
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are struggling. I totally understand and I am 10 months post-op. One day at a time....

Just wondering why you are trying to avoid getting a fill? I see my surgeon this Thursday and won't be getting a fill because I am in the green zone but if you need a fill to reach the green zone then go ahead and get one.

Good luck.
  • jeannette120
    jeannette120 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. I know it can be very tough. I had an extremely difficult time all of December and most of January. I just decided to re-focus and set some goals for the next couple of months. I'm also trying to focus on more exercise. I see my surgeon on Wednesday and will be getting my second fill. I've only had 1 fill since May. I know for me, I try to eat at the same times everyday. It allows me to keep to a schedule and if for some reason I feel like straying from the schedule I just tell myself that I can eat in so many hours/minutes.
    My schedule...
    Breakfast 9:30-10:00am (260 cal)
    Snack 1pm (<100 cal)
    Lunch 3pm (350 cal or less)
    Snack 5:30-6pm (<100 cal)
    Dinner 7:30-8pm (450-550 cal)

Hope things go well for you. Take care!
  • nikki_att84
    nikki_att84 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    its very hard..its been about a month and a half that ihavent lost any weight im starting to feel discouraged and i too am now making bad choices..i really wish i didnt..but it gets hard..expecially when u try so hard to make that scale go down..does this ever go away&&&??? will i start losing weight regularly again??
  • opikelis
    opikelis Posts: 15
    Options
    i am struggling too i am at my 7 month post op mark. i am not sure if it is work stress or what but i am making bad choices and not losing. I am finding it hard to motivate myself to work out and eat right. I need to re-motivate and get back on track
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    i am struggling too i am at my 7 month post op mark. i am not sure if it is work stress or what but i am making bad choices and not losing. I am finding it hard to motivate myself to work out and eat right. I need to re-motivate and get back on track

Opekilis,
    Me too. I'm at 8 months and it is much to easy to eat slider food. Also, getting motivated for exercise is not as easy as it was at the beginning. Anyone that says the band is the "easy way out" does not know what the h3ll they are talking about. This is as hard as any "diet" but it has been the most success I have had in years.
    Gotta get motivated. My new Mantra is ""HARD WORK!! DEDICATION!!"". Maybe I'll be as healthy/fit as he is one day.
  • TeresaWash
    TeresaWash Posts: 283
    Options
    I have periods that I struggle something awful. I find exercise to be the key to my success. Once I started with "group" exercise I rarely miss a class. It is way more fun than the treadmill or elliptical and it doesn't seem so much like "exercise" I do Zumba 4 times a week and "pump it" 3 times a week. It really helps motivate my exercise!

Good Luck!