anyone dabbled in fruitarianism?

Options
stylistchik
stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
Please don't bash me for this, but I'm really curious about fruitarianism. Anyone have experience with it? I've been googling but you all seem to be happy, striving for health plant eaters and I'd appreciate your input. There's no way I'd be able to give up my veggies, rice and beans but could there be a benefit to eating more fruit? I mean it's full of water, vitamins, minerals and fiber, but I'm worried about sugar overload! LOL Honest, polite opinions appreciated. :wink:

Replies

• aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I don't guess I really know what that is. I know a lot of the veggies I eat are actually fruits, so I always lump fruits and veggies all together into one food group.
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Fruits are great for the reasons you mentioned. Even the sugar is not a bad thing and your body can consume it for fuel, but just like anything too much will get stored for later use. If you did a major switch to a lot of fruits honestly you would be losing some vital nutrients but if you could balance those then you would be OK in my opinion.
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I did HCRV diet for about 2-3 months. It was hard but I had a lot of energy and felt great! Look up 30 Bananas a Day.