Introduction

Options
My name is Callie and I am 23 years old. My fiance is a Seabee currently deployed to Afghanistan. We celebrated our first anniversary on December 14, 2011 and will be getting married on September 1, 2012 after he returns from deployment.

I have been overweight for as long as I can remember and I have been trying to lose weight for as long as I can remember as well. I've never really had any support until I met my fiance. My grandmother and grandfather have always criticized me about my weight and it never helped when I tried to lose weight. No matter how much weight I lost, it was never enough for them (even the 90-some odd pounds I lost in 2008).

My starting weight is what I weighed when I started dating my fiance and that is 260 pounds. Currently, I weigh 236.4 pounds and my goal weight is between 180 and 200 pounds but I am not concerned about my actual weight...I am more concerned about my jean size. A trainer at the gym that I go to told me that the scale can lie to you, but your jeans never will.

My fiance has been my biggest supporter since we've gotten together and I cannot thank him more! He has been exactly what I needed in my life and we've been through a lot of ups and downs in our relationship but we've come out on the other side stronger. We do not eat very healthy, so I am hoping to change that while he is deployed so I can keep up with it when he comes home. I want to be healthy for him and my step-daughter. I want her to have a positive influence in her life because she is my heart.

Replies

• Mrsairforce
    Options
    I just figured we could have 1 intro thread :P. I'm Tanya, 22 and married to an Airman. We have been together since we were 15 years old but got married in April 2011.

I've been overweight my entire life but everything came to a head here at our first assignment when I had to leave my family. I got up to my highest of 210 and then I decided to join MFP. The doctor thinks I have PCOS so I have an ultrasound scheduled for the 7th of next month.

I really want to not only look good but FEEL good and have the confidence to make more friends.
  • CNG223
    CNG223 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm Corinne, 25, married to a Marine and currently stationed in Beaufort, SC at Parris Island. We've been together 5 years. My weight has always flucuated. I was 130 when I met my husband, got up to 175 last year. Now down to 160, aiming to get back to around 130 again. I've been up and down from 130 to 170 a few times, looking to get back down to my goal weight yet again and stay there! :)
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hello, ladies! I'm 27 and married to Sailor. Our seven year anniversary is coming up in April, which is also the month he leaves for a year. :( We have a five year old son. I am a full-time student and I work, so I stay busy.

I've always struggled with my weight. When we first got married, I got very depressed when he left for six months and put some one. Then I became pregnant and put some more on. :) I decided while I was pregnant that I wanted to feel good about myself and vowed to get the weight off, which I did. I became obsessive about it and developed some bad habits, which took me a while to overcome.

I like to run and lift weights. I'm training for a 15K over the bridges in our downtown area and am really excited!

I joined MFP because I had put some weight on quitting smoking. I live in Florida and like to have fun playing with my little boy. I never want my weight insecurities stop me from enjoying my life and time with my son. With bathing suit season quickly approaching, I need to get back in shape.

I'd love to support you ladies in your weigh loss journey and military wife journey. :)

Height: 5'5"

SW: 142.5
    CW: 135.8
    GW: 125

Angel
  • KiraHoop82
    Options
    I'm 29 and not only am I married to a sailor, I used to be a sailor myself. My hubby is currently stationed with the Seabees in Port Hueneme. I've been married for 6 years now and we have 2 beautiful children. My weight gaining started after my second child and I have been in doing a "Yo-Yo" routine with my weight.

I'm starting MFP because I want to get on the right track and get healthy not only for myself but for y family as well. I was 145 when I met my husband now I'm 245. I'm aiming to get to 160 and see where it goes from there.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone.

I am 29 married to a submariner for 6 yrs now. I have 2 kids 5 yr old girl and 2 yr old boy. I have been overweight my whole like until I was 21 then I went on WW all on my own and lost 80 pounds, then after my daughter at 24 I lost the 45 I lost from having her while my husband was deployed. Then when he got home we went on 2 vacations and I let loose and gained 25 pounds back then went onto new meds and gained 25 from that even while being on WW and working out. Then I got pregnant with my son and gained 35. I lost 30 after he was born in 2009. But then when my son was about 8 months old my father went into the hospital barely holding on he had pancreatitus (sp?) he had 20% chance of living through the night He fought threw it and made it threw but we found he had a 9cm aneurism in his aorta valve but could not be fixed while he was recovering from the pancreatitus. (mind u my dad had congestive heart failure in 07 but was doing fine till this happened) While he was in there it was about a4 months of living in the hospital and not caring about my food intake or working out. Then he made it out of the ICU and out of the nursing home where he learned to walk again, he came home and after a week at home his aneurism burst and he passed away on the operating table. My family and I were devastated and I gained more weight. Now I am looking to lose this weight because I want to be here for my family and ex specially my children. I want to do this for me but to also make my dad proud. We live close to my family now in CT I am from RI. We bought a house here and my husband will be off shore duty this year and going back on a sub. I need to lose 130 pounds( i was 170 when i met him and now i am 281) and want to get started now so when he deploys i can look great when he gets back plus it will help me take care of my kiddos while he is gone if i am healthy.

If you want to send me a friend request I will gladly except a lot of my friends have gone inactive now and I need some that are dedicated :)
  • Stephiede
    Stephiede Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm a stay at home mom to an eight year old special needs son. He is my world!!!. We just moved to VA from FL. Really missing Fl. My husband will be in the Navy for 20 this October. He's depolying in march and hopefully this is the last one. I'm so ready to stop moving every 2 years. I have been working on myself and that a good thing. I'm hoping to tone and reshape my body now.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm a stay at home mom to an eight year old special needs son. He is my world!!!. We just moved to VA from FL. Really missing Fl. My husband will be in the Navy for 20 this October. He's depolying in march and hopefully this is the last one. I'm so ready to stop moving every 2 years. I have been working on myself and that a good thing. I'm hoping to tone and reshape my body now.
    we lived in VA for 3 years we lived over in Va beach it was our first duty station and when we got married i moved out and all the way there from RI i had to hold back the tears lmao i was so happy to move in with him but so missed RI lmao our 20 yrs seems so far away lol
  • I just wanted to share this quote with all of you because for me it helps me on my bad days. I can't take the credit haha I got it from CNG223 ....

"One goal at a time. One pound at a time. One day at a time. "

I wrote it on a sticky note and put it on my elliptical so I can see it each time I work out. I think I might also make a second note and put it somewhere where I will see it when I am not working out as motivation/inspiration.

Have a great day ladies! Keep up the good work and hang in there! WE CAN DO THIS!!! :)
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! My name is Tammie i've been with my hubs for almost 5 yrs, He's a marine that's deployed right now over in afghanistan, My goal is to lose 20lbs before he gets home..
  • jfire89
    jfire89 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been married to my sailor for almost 17 years. We are currently in NV but getting ready to move in June, hopefully to Japan. I have three daughters 16, 13, and 8. My weight gain started after I got out of the Navy and my husband loves to cook and serve HUGE portions, and I would just eat them.........Then the kids started and never just got back down to where I wanted to be. I have tried all kinds of different "diets" but now I am doing the Belly Fat Cure, for me it is more of a lifestyle change than a diet. My biggest problem is I just need to get off my hiney and move!! I want to ultimately lose 80-90 lbs.

I am looking for some friends to help keep me motivated and on track! Hold me accountable :)

H.W.-210
    C.W.-201
    G.W.-120-130
  • Hello :)

My name is Lindsay and I am 26 years old. I am married to a Sailor and we've been together for 5 years and married for almost 2 years. I have always had a hard time losing weight - for me I have the yo-yo effect. I lose 5lbs and gain 7, lose 10 gain 6 ... it's a never ending battle! I was 150 lbs when I met my husband and am now at 184 lbs. I am aiming to get back to around 135-140 again and hopefully this time stay there! :) My weight has been up and down for 9 years now and I am tired of it and want to take control. I know I can do this and I am willing to do whatever it takes!

I started using MFP on Sunday so it's almost been 1 week ...

SW - 184.6
    CW - 181.2
    GW - 140
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    hey everyone--
    I'm Amber and my husband is a submariner-in-training. He's currently in A-school and we'll be doing our first PCS to Groton, CT in two weeks. We've known each other since we were 15 (high school sweethearts) and we reconnected a couple of years ago. We've been married just over a year, and he left for boot camp 8 months ago. We started our weight loss journey together so that he could make the cut. My hubby (Ben) lost 90 lbs total, and I've lost 35.

I'm happy to find some military wives to get to know. Since I haven't PCSed yet I haven't met anyone in person. :)
  • apbradley208
    apbradley208 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Amanda. I am 28 years old and I have been married to an Airman for 8 years. We started out in the military stationed in NC, which is home for me. We then PCSed to Okinawa, Japan and lived there for 4 years. Now we have been in Montana for 2 years. We are hoping to go across the other ocean soon and see Europe for a few years. We will see. We have enjoyed the military road, that is for sure. I joined MFP to get rid of some weight that was hanging around after I had my daughter. I have two chitlins, my son is 7 and my daughter will be 4 in April. Can't really call it baby weight now can I?

I started my journey on MFP at 160 lbs. I am down to 153.3. I am loving every minute of it. I work full-time for the Air Force as well as a civilian, I also go to school and have the kids and all of their extracurricular activities, so it is hard to find "me" time, needless to say. I have been doing Leslie Sansone's walking DVDs, and they are really helping. 30 minute work-out in my living room...can't beat that. Especially with the weather that we have here in MT, it is hard to get out a lot of the time.

I look forward to being on this journey with you all and have support from and be able to support other military wives meet our goals.