Putting it off?

Options
Am I the only one who has been putting off trying to get back into the dating scene because of being overweight? I know that alot of people will say that you shouldn't let your weight hold you back in life, but in reality it does (at least for me). I don't feel comfortable enough with myself to even go out and try to meet someone, let alone to try and be intimate with them. Plus, honestly, how many guys out there want to be with a fat chick? I can't wait until I feel comfortable enough to get out there again and honestly, to have a sex life again. Anyone else?

Replies

• Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Yes, when I was fat I didn't feel like I was good enough to find someone.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    We all have our insecurities and things about us we hate,just don`t set a picture in your mind that is not you.
    Get in shape,be healthy but let yourself start being a person someone wants now not then.
    You may be greatly surprised at what happens.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Yes, when I was fat I didn't feel like I was good enough to find someone.

pretty much this. I'm shy and being fat just doesn't help at all. little to no confidence so yeah. I try not to dwell on it much.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I still have 33lbs to go myself to get to goal. i sorta want to wait till then just because i know my confidence will be even higher.. i did make that deal with myself that i'd wait until my b-day to date someone... my b-day is may... which is also my goal date.

if i should meet someone by then, well cool but i'm relaxing until then. i just want to be the best me, the most confident me i can before i offer myself to someone seriously.
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    At first I was trying to date people even though I'm not at my goal, and I've had maybe one guy just completely stop talking to me after the first date, but I still don't feel ready for it. I want to like myself before I try to add someone serious into the mix, so I got rid of all my profiles and am content to work on me :flowerforyou:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    My fears about my body stop me somewhat - I don't think I could get intimate with a guy looking like I do. But I don't know if I'll ever lose more weight and get thinner. If I don't, I'm going to have to learn to accept my body as is.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I'm not waiting..im just having no luck with it :( .... I have about 30 pounds to go to reach my goal and need I think 10 pounds to go to be considered in a "normal" healthy weight. So yea I would love to start dating but it's just not working out that way unfortunately :(
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I've gotta learn & master ME before I graduate to WE!