POF

Options
2»

Replies

• jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    i used to be on POF.. and found there was just a lot of people looking to "hook up", I have recently joined "match.com" and it seems better.. since you have to pay to communicate.. I think that is a key factor.. on pof just anyone can join up.. Guess we will see :)

There are still guys that are just looking to hook up on match.com
  • melg126
    melg126 Posts: 378
    Options
    I use POF and of all the free sites I have had the most dates off there. I don't think it's a bad site. Any of the sites you are going to find people just looking to hook up. I think you just need to present exactly what you are looking for. If they don't meet the criteria don't let it frustrate you... just move on. Someone will come along who is quality. :smile:
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    A total waste of time for me.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I have to say I have met the man I am currently dating on POF. I have had some "winners" but this guy is amazing and treats me the way I deserve to be treated. I think we happen to have stumbled into each other on POF at the right time.
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    i tried POF for awhlie. i got a lot of free drinks, dinner and make out sessions. got kind of tired after awhile, just saying.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I've actually had decent luck with POF.

I met my last boyfriend through POF. It turned out that we had a lot in common and could have just as easily met in person, but we hadn't bumped into each other yet. We dated for over a year and we are still good friends now.

I also met a guy I went on several dates with through POF. It never turned into a relationship, but I really liked him and if the timing had been differently it might have been a great relationship.

And, the date I went on last weekend was from POF. I didn't feel a spark with the guy, but I had a nice time with him. We were very friendly in our "not quite what I'm looking for" exchanges.

Sure, there are some creeps on there, but after a while you get good at weeding them out. I only reply to about 1/3 of the emails I get through there (a lot of messages I don't even open). Of the 1/3 I reply to, only about 1/2 of those turn into actual dates. I'm okay with that. I prefer quality over quantity.

I don't know that I'll meet Mr. Right through POF, but it's not the only place I'm a member of either. Then again, I might meet Mr. Right through it. Heck, the last boyfriend was almost Mr. Right.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    POF - good for hookups/the occasional friend, decent date. very hetero-oriented.

OkCupid - good for meeting actually nice people, friendlier to homo, bi, and pansexuals. smaller selection. more questions to fill out.

Fitness Singles - not free. good for meeting hardcore fitness buffs and fitness minded individuals.

Skout - don't waste your time.

this has been my experience anyway. specifically, i've met some really decent guys on pof and okc. met a few lovely ladies on okc also... but i'm far too picky and busy to be focusing on all that now unless someone absolutely amazing (you know who you are) gives me a reason to make time...
  • kittzle
    kittzle Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I've met a couple of really sweet guys on POF, but they're not husband material. One of my worst turn offs is a 30 yr old still living with mom, and I've gone out with two before I knew it! One I still consider a great friend, but am not *interested* in him. However, I will admit that one of the first guys I ever met was a jerk and I couldn't get out of there fast enough because I honest to goodness felt worried I could possibly be raped that night. I've learned a LOT since then.

I return to POF about once a month or so, look for new faces, send out about a dozen hellos and watch 99% of them get ignored. But it never hurts to try!
  • bigsean72
    bigsean72 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have tried POF, and its more of a hook up site than a relationship site. There are so many shallow people on that site it boarders on pathetic.
  • PeekABooGirl
    PeekABooGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing the same people over and over on POF. And even though my profile clearly states not to contact me if you just want a hookup - I still get those obnoxious requests. BLAH!

I've been talking to a few nice guys from there (only via email) but they are nowhere near me. One is 1 1/2 hrs away and the other is 6 hrs away. Not exactly conducive for "dating" someone. haha

I keep saying I'm going to cancel my account. YET, I haven't. haha As soon as my divorce is final I think I'm going to try eHarmony. They rejected me for now. LMAO!