Feedback of "Skins" compression clothing

Options
rajivdubey
rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
I am advised to use "Skins" the compression clothing for upper body and lower body while workout and cycling.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Does it help in exercising and Cycling?

Will appreciate the feedback!

Cheers!

Rajiv

Replies

• broadsword7
    broadsword7 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I am advised to use "Skins" the compression clothing for upper body and lower body while workout and cycling.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Does it help in exercising and Cycling?

Will appreciate the feedback!

Cheers!

Rajiv

I have not used that particular brand, but I like to use compression clothing when doling a general workout. For indoor spin class, I use compression up top with regular cycling shorts. For cycling, the stuff I wear is not marked as compression, but I generally prefer the tighter fit stuff. And jerseys with back pockets, most definitely! In colder weather, I use compression underneath. I find the less bulky it is, the better it feels.
  • nerdieprofessor
    nerdieprofessor Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I have no idea about the use for other workouts, but for cycling? I don't know anyone who wears compression clothing for cycling and I'm very active in the cycling world. Time trialling cyclists will wear very tight aero jerseys for obvious reasons and most cyclists don't wear really loose jerseys, of course, but I don't think that's what you are asking.

I do know some runners and triathletes who wear compresiion socks or similar (some not on the feet, just lower legs) during or after very long runs.
  • rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback, Sward and Professor!
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    'Skins' is high-end compression kit and it is good kit, but there is other kit out there (without the 'premium' name,) that does the same thing.

I wear compression kit under my cycling gear; Long sleeved and full length bottoms in the winter (when cold enough,) and Short-sleeved top and shorts in the summer.

In don't bother when on the Turbo, then I just wear my cycling shorts & short sleeved top.
  • bethlikesbikes
    Options
    I have Zoot's ActiveRX recovery tights that I wear after a particularly hard ride. I don't think they're a miracle, but they do feel good after a ride and help keep my legs loose for the next day. I also have calf sleeves that I wear when running and sometimes when cycling because I'm prone to tight calfs.

One word of advice. Avoid buying the product on the internet unless you're absolutely sure it fits you. Getting the right size is important or you won't get the full benefit.