Shin Splints and foot cramps

Options
So the first time i tried this, after a few days, i had terrible shin splints! The second time (this challenge) the shin splints came back, along with terrible foot cramps, which made it extremely hard to get through!

If these are preventing others from feeling like they can complete the challenge, I just wanted you to know that there is a solution!

I went to a running store yesterday and got fitted for a new pair of shoes, they measured, watched me walk, assessed my arch and asked about my pain before having me try on a bazillion pairs of shoes to see if any of them alleviated the pain... and I found a pair that seemed they were made just for me!

2 days in a row with no pain while exercising and I am such a happy person, and I had no problem completing level one this morning! I may move onto level two in just a few more days! :)

I really hope this will help someone else!

Replies

• MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    So the first time i tried this, after a few days, i had terrible shin splints! The second time (this challenge) the shin splints came back, along with terrible foot cramps, which made it extremely hard to get through!

If these are preventing others from feeling like they can complete the challenge, I just wanted you to know that there is a solution!

I went to a running store yesterday and got fitted for a new pair of shoes, they measured, watched me walk, assessed my arch and asked about my pain before having me try on a bazillion pairs of shoes to see if any of them alleviated the pain... and I found a pair that seemed they were made just for me!

2 days in a row with no pain while exercising and I am such a happy person, and I had no problem completing level one this morning! I may move onto level two in just a few more days! :)

I really hope this will help someone else!

Sounds like you got some great service at the shoe store, where did you go & what model shoe did you end up getting? I'm in the market for a new pair, this 30ds is too much for my pumas, I need more support and cushion. Thanks for sharing.
  • Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Great advice.

Ok I have to admit that this is probably my issue then (I have been working out barefoot :-( best put my trainers on)
  • kmastello
    Options
    I went to a running store (I didn't know there was such a thing until I did a google search). I ended up with new balance wr940, as I have NO arch and very wide feet. They are super supportive!

See if there is a running store in your area, I hear most of them do the same! :))
  • kmastello
    Options
    I was in so much pain doing the jumping jacks barefoot lol!
  • Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I was in so much pain doing the jumping jacks barefoot lol!

Yeah I am in agony with them