February 1 check in

Options
JacciSimms
JacciSimms Posts: 212 Member
Wow!! One month down. Spring is almost here. Who's gonna be ready for the "show more skin" spring and summer season? I hope to be able to bare my arms without a lot of embarrassment. Yesterday was day 2 of my TF Prep Schedule— 40 Stretch. I’m glad this schedule starts off easy. I need that. I’m heading out to an all-girls weekend on Saturday, so I’m skipping the rest day today and working out right through Friday.

What’s everyone up to today?

Remember: get up, push play, get it DONE!!!

Replies

• RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Hey there - I am going to confess that I have not been keeping up with my Turbo Fire schedule. I get so angry at myself for not sticking with my plan....especially when I worked so hard at putting one together. I think part of my problem too is that I don't have any support system around me and was depending on MFP to fill that gap. I faithfully log on just to see if anyone in the 3 groups that I joined have posted messages and for awhile felt like I was posting too much to try to get some interest or enthusiam built up. I find it strange that these groups can have so many members that ask for support and encouragement but yet they do not participate in the daily post.....I started thinking "what is the point". I have been debating quitting MFP and maybe joining weight watchers where there might be more interest in a community support system....I don't know.
  • JacciSimms
    Options
    Ah RheneeB, I feel the same way. I'm trying to post something every day. Not sure what the problem is with our members. Are they all super busy? Keep at it. I try to post something every day.

What type of TF workout did you pull together? Is it a hybrid? What other groups to you belong to?

I did day 3 of the TF Prep Schedule - 30 Tone. I'll be gone over the weekend so I want to get as many workouts as I can squeeze in this week.

We'll keep each other accountable. Get it done today!!!
  • RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I am following the schedule that came with the program. I am just having a problem getting my butt in gear to do it. My mind has been on my daughter. We had pre-cervical cancer a few years ago and had the LEEP procedure done. We just found out that she is stage 4 of pre-cancer which means that over 75% of her cervix has pre-cancer cells. To do the LEEP again brings her chances down to about 25% of being able to carry a baby. She is having more biopseys done this coming Monday to see if any of the area are actually cancerous. Today they did an ultrasound and said she has polycystic ovary syndrome which means her ovaries are covered in cysts. This decreases her changes of even being able to get pregnant. She is 25 years old and in college getting her masters degree and though she is not thinking marriage and family right now, it breaks my heart that she may not be able to have children. I got to thinking today that I need to get into good shape and really improve my overall health....I may one day be a surrogate mother!!!
  • JacciSimms
    Options
    Wow, RheneeB, my prayers go out to your daughter (and you). Good for you for thinking ahead to being a surrogate. I'd do that in a minute for one of my girls. Please let us know how things work out next week.

Be easy on yourself as far as working out is concerned. If you don't get TF in, go for a 30 minute walk. It will help you think and clear your head.
  • drbaska
    drbaska Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Rhenee I'm so sorry to hear about your daughters health.. First off,I had no idea you hada 25 yr old daughter! You look much too young! But as a mother, I know your heart is breaking for her. I'll be praying for her as well. God certainly does not give us more than we can handle - but I know it's hard!!!

As to this group, I apologize for not being here every day. Guilty as charged! I do have a really active group on Facebook and I spend so much of time over there supporting my team - that's my only excuse. Rhenee I know you would get what you are looking for over there with my team - we have reallly become a little facebook family.

Hugs to you both!