SuperBowl

Options
Who will win? Who will have the best commercials? Who will be drunk?

Discuss :drinker: :bigsmile:

Replies

• KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I will not be drunk - I actually want to see the game! But I will be enjoying a few drinks :drinker:

Of course the Patriots are going to win!!

The commercials and all that - I have no interest in. I like the game. If I could eliminate all that other stuff I would.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Giants. AT&T. Not drunk, but beer will be part of the goings on!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I have to grudgingly favor the Giants, I'm looking forward to ALL the commercials, and I won't be drunk. Unless the scale has shown me 155 by then, in which case, I will be! :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • mikajoanow
    mikajoanow Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I only really watch college ball, so I have no real opinion. I wish there was an NFL team I liked ( I am supposed to like the packers, but I just don't feel it.) I don't know anything about either of these teams except for the fact that recently anytime anyone mentions the team the Patriots, it reminds me of the "Patriot act" (my brain gravitates to politics lol) so I wont be cheering for them. lol
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I don't even know what I'll be doing, and I have nothing invested in either team.....although since I do live in Indy and the anti-patriot envy and hatred is seething right now, it actually make me want them to win.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    We are having a big party at the house. I won't be drinking, but my husband and friends will be. I'm making my homemade marinated wings on the grill, 7 layer dip, and all sorts of goodies. It will be a cheat day for me.

GO GIANTS!
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    What's a superbowl? :blushing:

Kidding! We're invited to a gathering but not for sure going. I don't know if I've ever watched more than a few minutes of one so this may be a first!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    I plan to eat normally, because I am SOOO close to seeing my goal number, and it has been flirting within my reach for way too long. Hubby doesn't care about either of these teams much, so we aren't doing a big feast of snacks this year.
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I love Super Bowl Sunday. It's seriously the best time to shop for housewares, or even going on that that Home Depot trip I've been putting off.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    When we lived in snow country, we'd always go boarding. Nobody (well, fewer) skiing on that day, you have the runs to yourself :)
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Although the Texans are really my team, I was born in the Bronx and my mother is still a HUGE Giants fan. Because my mom was so into football, we always had big get-togethers for the Super Bowl, regardless of the teams.
  • mikajoanow
    mikajoanow Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I love Super Bowl Sunday. It's seriously the best time to shop for housewares, or even going on that that Home Depot trip I've been putting off.

That is actually a good point. My mom and I ended up going to Target and Costco last time and it was really rather nice. lol
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I don't even know if I'll watch. The thing I'm most excited for is the new Avengers trailer they say they're going to show. And that'll be on Youtube soon after.

Without black & gold it ain't football.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

That is actually a good point. My mom and I ended up going to Target and Costco last time and it was really rather nice. lol

Seeing as how I can't be at my BF's superbowl party 2 hours away, I will probably spend the night shopping also :)

And because I am a Colts fan, it would be treason for me to cheer on the Pats.....Go Giants!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options

ditto. except, remove black and gold, and replace with blue and silver. :bigsmile: :tongue:
  • KimmieBrie
    Options
    I don't even know if I'll watch. The thing I'm most excited for is the new Avengers trailer they say they're going to show. And that'll be on Youtube soon after.

Boooo - untrue. As a fan of the sport I always watch. It's all football. I love Sundays - even when it's our bye week :drinker:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options

Boooo - untrue. As a fan of the sport I always watch. It's all football. I love Sundays - even when it's our bye week :drinker:

This is my husband's take on ALL sports (well, OK, just baseball and football) We are about to enter the two-month dry spell beore Spring training, where no sports of any kind is on TV, OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOL
  • KimmieBrie
    Options

This is my husband's take on ALL sports (well, OK, just baseball and football) We are about to enter the two-month dry spell beore Spring training, where no sports of any kind is on TV, OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOL

LOL - I am only like this about football. I used to get withdrawal... I have gotten better.

If baseball would implement a salary cap, I'd be more interested. Until then - same story - teams with the biggest pockets win and I have no interest in watching. I'll attend a game here & there with friends because it's fun hanging out, but that's where it ends for me.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Well, one of my favorite teams is out - Green Bay didn't make it. My other team has already fulfilled my needs and whipped Dallas. I am now fairly unconcerned and will enjoy the day with a La-Z-Boy and a snuggie and some beer. Unless it's a rout, at which point I'll go fool around in the garage or something.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options

What?!?! What about Hockey? Hockey is the best ever!

I'm rooting for the Pats - gotta go with Brady!

As for commercials - I'm looking forward to the Bueller one - I belive it's Chrysler from some friend's postings.

Drinks - we shall see. We will likely be home and we have some hard cider I can drink. Not sure if I will though.