Day 5...how is everyone feeling?Anyone else gaining weight?

Options
MrsLVF
MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
So how is everyone feeling after day 5? Anyone else gaining weight?

I kid you not, My upper thighs are 1" bigger, the rest of my legs have slimmed down/toned up. I have gained 1.5 lbs, but it's all muscle baby. LOL I refuse to update my mfp weight to reflect the gain because i know all those fat cells are shrinking, I just need to be patient and give my body a chance to adjust to my new muscle, i know the scale will eventually go back down.

Replies

• aubsgg
    aubsgg Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I haven't gained, but I haven't lost either. My scale does show me down 1% body fat. My pants are loose. I need 1 size down but I can't find them. Can't imagine that I threw them away.(on my way up)
  • DanielleRN8
    Options
    I haven't gained but I haven't really lost any either. I can see my clothes fitting a little looser now though. I just can't wait until Saturday (the day I measure myself again for my 1 week stats.) Or are we measuring after 10 days?
  • emverghese
    emverghese Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I finished Day 7 last night, and am starting week 2 today, and to be perfectly honest, I'm afraid to get on the scale. I don't think I've gained, but I'm pretty sure I haven't lost, and I feel like I've been working really hard - haven't missed a day and have even been adding in a few sessions on the treadmill.

I guess my question is, how do you manage the disappointment of not loosing? I'm scared that if I get on the scale and see the same numbers I saw last week that I will be more prone to give up on my 30 day workout goal.
  • Lrt4uk
    Lrt4uk Posts: 174
    Options
    I only lost 0.6 this week. I couldn't help but be disappointed, I've never worked out regularly, I guess I was hoping for more poundage off quicker with adding the shred. BUT that said, muscle weighs more than fat AND the more muscle, the quicker the FAT burns off. I'm hoping that the pounds will start to fall off soon!
  • woodmetal
    Options
    I did too!! I am at day eleven I think?? I lost count but I started the shred on a Mon and the following Sun at weigh in I had gained back half of what I had lost! I have managed to stay with it andI feel stronger and definitely keep up better. I !am just terrified of what the scale will say and the measuring tape! And when do you measure in the morning or after you workout??
  • Lrt4uk
    Lrt4uk Posts: 174
    Options
    Just finished day 5! IT's still kicking my butt!
  • beautifullyblessed16
    Options
    Please don't depend on the scale! I gained 2 pounds the first week but lost inches! With such an intense workout, your muscles are trying to hold on to water as they repair. This plays a huge part in the temporary weight gain. It will get better as your body adjusts. I would take inches lost over pounds lost anyday because muscle is leaner and denser than fat. Hang in there! You are in the right track!
  • tianacaona
    tianacaona Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Day 5 complete. I'm behind the curve on my days, but I refuse to give up. I can't do the early morning exercise because my boys are now getting up too early. I've been working out after their bedtime instead and during my lunch breaks. I'm not trying to force myself to do 30ds daily as I have previously because it isn't realistic with my lifestyle and I really need this to be a routine and not just something I do to lose some weight. So even now with the shred, 5 days in, I don't feel sore throughout the day but the second I pick up the weights I feel it. Hopefully will finish level one by next sunday.