2nd week insanity

Options
rima933
rima933 Posts: 151 Member
Hey, is anyone else in their second week of insanity?

Replies

• H0neybug
    H0neybug Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with my 4th and looking forward to the recovery week, but not what comes next...lol
  • Katemorling
    Katemorling Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

I'm just finishing my third week. I saw a big difference in my fit test results this week. I've also lost an inch around my waist and another inch around my hips. Only lost about 2lb though.

My endurance on my runs has improved alot too. I did an hour run on Saturday and felt like I could have done another!

How has your progress?
  • rima933
    Options
    wow, good job! i haven't really seen any results yet. Have you gotten any results?
    :smile:
  • rima933
    Options
    Hi, i am on my 5th day of week 2. I have also lost an inch off my hips and waist as well. Haven't tried running since I started insanity. Do you run every day or just on the day off or cardio recovery day? Do you feel more tired during your workouts? Also, are you following the nutrition guide?
  • Katemorling
    Options
    I usually run on a Thursday (cardio recovery day) for maybe 30-40 mins and then do another long run (60-90mins) on my rest day (SUnday). Ive been running for years so I wanted to incorporate it into Insanity training or I become bored. I have been getting tired lately, but have also started a new job. Ive uped my cals this week to try get some more energy! I do feel much fitter though.

Im not following the nutrition guide offered in the program. I have a pretty good sense of my own body so I am following my own diet plan. Im vegetarian and have tried to fit more protein into my diet. I stick to about 1200 cals a day + eating back most of my cals. I become too tired if I dont eat them back. If Im hungry I eat, if Im not I dont.
  • rima933
    Options
    Wow thats amazing, thanks for the reply.
  • catlady66
    Options
    I see a lot of people saying they are on insanity. Can I ask what it is? I have insanity, but I don't think it is the same thing. :laugh:
  • rima933
    Options
    I see a lot of people saying they are on insanity. Can I ask what it is? I have insanity, but I don't think it is the same thing. :laugh:

Its a 60 day workout program by Shaun T. Its combined with intense cardio and strength training, includes a recovery period before the second month and then almost doubles in intensity. You can buy the dvd set at Walmart for about 140$. It also includes a nutrition guide.
  • catlady66
    Options
    WOW! All of you, just amazing! I broke my ankle a year and a half ago...haven't walked since. When the doctor put in rods and screws I developed a bone infection...staph, of course. Now I am having the leg below the knee amputated soon so that I can walk again. Running is a long way off right now.

Go get 'em everyone!!
  • Katemorling
    Options
    WOW! All of you, just amazing! I broke my ankle a year and a half ago...haven't walked since. When the doctor put in rods and screws I developed a bone infection...staph, of course. Now I am having the leg below the knee amputated soon so that I can walk again. Running is a long way off right now.

Go get 'em everyone!!

Hi CatLady,

You sound so positive despite your setback. I hope it all goes well for you and you can get back to living life to the fullest. Feel free to add me as a friend!