Week 1 Objectives

Options
2»

Replies

• TexasGirl_Amie
    Options
    Mine are:

Exercise daily, even if for just 20 minutes.
    Keep eating healthy :)
  • sportstercindy
    Options
    Up my water.
    Get in more exercise time. Been very limited lately.
    Learn from my food log - what works and what I should avoid.
    Not to eat after a certain time in the evening.
  • LauRoxx
    LauRoxx Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Insanity for about 2.5 weeks now, and while I've been enjoying the workouts I haven't focused at all on dieting. Yes, I've been trying to stay under and such but I haven't actually changed WHAT I eat.

--Plan Meals
    --Grocery Shopping
    --Not only stay under on calories, but CARBS and SUGARS too :):)

Oh goodness, I just remembered how it's my nephew's birthday party this weekend... Add objective: DON'T EAT CAKE!
  • ampott02
    ampott02 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My goals for this week (really the whole month) are:
    - Drink 8-10 glasses water a day
    - Run 4 days a week
    - Weights 2 days a week
    - Stay within calories limits every day!! <--- #1 goal !!
    - Get 7-8 hours sleep each night

Also, I think setting another group for summer would be a great idea! I would definitely be up for that! :D
  • tom_servo
    tom_servo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I want to
    a)Keep eating healthy
    b)Limit alcohol, which is my downfall
    c)Run 85 miles this month
    d) finish 30DS (I'm on l1 D7) and start ripped in 30

I need to be thin and pretty by may 13th!

Ah! The alcohol will be my problem, too. I'm already trying to plan my weekend - Brunch on Saturday and then Super Bowl Sunday?! It's going to by a tempting weekend.
  • daphnemoon
    daphnemoon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Great idea for weekly objectives!

Okay mine is to burn 1,000 per day - I usually do around 700 - 900 so this won't involve too much extra exertion, maybe just half hour on just dance 3, I think I can handle that :)

Also, am definitely up for a longer term group!
  • captainlindarg
    captainlindarg Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm glad everyone is excited about the idea for a longer term group. I, for one, am excited to see how much we can lose in this short month as a group. Starting this group has definitely been a motivation for me.
  • fypspirit
    fypspirit Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My goals are to:

Get a workout going
    Stay at or under my calories daily
    Continue drinking my water and limit my diet pop intake

And never eat Bob Even Sausage Chili ever again. One I didn't know it was sausage chili and two it is terrible for you. We had dinner there tonight I only got the cup size and I had no idea it was as bad for you as it is. Over all it didn't hurt me terribly for the day but it certainly isn't gonna help.
  • fypspirit
    Options
    Also I am all for a longer challange. This seems to help keep me motivated knowing I have to post my weight weekly. Also if anyone could help me. I work on an assembly line and I walk from car to car for 8 to 9 hrs a day. How can I log this in as exercise since I am walking all this time going up and down stairs 8 times a day it has to count for something?
  • irsleepy2
    Options
    My goals this week are:

1.) Drink more water.

2.) Continue 30DS every day. (tonight will by day 3 of level 1)

3.) Go to next level of C25K. Currently on Week 1.

4.) Stocking house with more fresh fruits. We keep plenty of fresh veggies, but I have noticed since starting to work out more I am craving sweet snacks after supper/work outs and we don't have anything in our house to satisfy that.

5.) Weigh in only once a week, maybe twice to be curious! :wink:

6.) Motivate some friends who haven't logged on to MFP for a week.

I have a question for everyone (& I would start a new 'topic', but I don't know how, so if anyone can fill me in, please do) lol

How often do you weigh yourself, and is it working for you?
    I do it every morning. I know most people seem to say you shouldn't do it that often, but for me, if I lose (even a 'tiny' amount) it motivates me.
  • sistrckv
    sistrckv Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Maybe some diet ginger ale with a twist of lemon or lime might satisfy the alcohol craving for super bowl?
  • SoonToBeHealthNut
    SoonToBeHealthNut Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    my objectives for this week are:

- cut off diet soda
    - cut off or just once a week eat junk food ( i wanna make it at the very least 2 times a month)
    -drink lots of water
    -cut off any kind of chips and candy
    -exercise 7 days a week (or at the very least 5 days a week)

good luck everybody and hopefully we'll stay motivated for the months to come!!! =]

Those are all good goals. If this group works out well, I'd like to create another one -- Fit For Summer which would last Mar 1- ??? (Maybe Jun 1?)

that's a great idea! i would totally sign up for it, and the time length is pretty good as you put it. I hope the group does well and we go girl! ^^

I also think this is a great Idea.... I would love to join that group also.... for me this week

I am going to try to keep up with my daily log in and try not to get side tracked especially during the weekend
  • pweisler
    Options
    My goals this week are to increase my cardio to 60 3 days per week, to drink more plain water and to eat fish 2 days.
  • fypspirit
    Options
    irsleepy...They say you shouldn't weigh yourself but once a week. But I am the same as you I weigh almost every morning and for the same reason. If I lose a pound that motivates me to keep trying. But I do weigh myself at the same time everyday. So I would go with what works for you.
  • pweisler
    Options
    Well almost at the end of week one and so far have met my challenges. I have done 2 of 3 days of 60 min cardio! Will weigh in tomorrow and see.:wink:
  • pweisler
    Options
    Well weigh in was today and lost 3 pounds!

16228952.png