Ever hurt your knees on the elliptical?

Options
I am not sure why but I did the elliptical for 30 min the other night.
Knees were just a bit sore not much though at all.
I woke up and was fine all day until I went down the stairs to take out the trash and my knee hurt a little right over the knee cap.
It progressed rapidly to become extremely painful!
It hurts to raise, lower or bend my leg and hurts to walk.
What happened?

Replies

• kayleen_longworth
    kayleen_longworth Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I don't have an answer for you, just hoping that doesn't happen to me at all. Hope you get it figured out.

I still got numb toes on the elliptical last night even though I tried to keep my weight back on my heels more.
  • kumarprabhat
    Options
    I just had this exact issue with my right knee. Though not with elliptical but running (I have been running for over a year now, and recently was running upto 10K on weekend).

Initially physian gave me some anti-inflamatory drug, which reduced and subsequently eliminated it....I had to stop work out for a week. But as soon as I was back running, the pain came back within 5 mins, and I started limping on teh treaddmill. Had to stop.

Finally decided to visit a orthopedist who specializes in Stress related injuries. He suggested that I stressed my t-band muscles (one running on the outside of legs from upper thigh to calf through under the knee-cap. Suggested physiotherapy which I am going through to get a permanent fix to this issue.

In the meanwhile, focusing on upper body exercise and mild elliptical. I would suggest you visit a similar orthopedist.

Hope it helps.