The Color Run - Dec 2, 2012

Options
Ali_TSO
Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
Hi, I was curious if anyone was doing the 5k Color Run this coming year! Its Dec 2, 2012 in Orlando... I'm from Jax, but was thinking about getting a group together to do it!

www.thecolorrun.com

I have never run a 5k before, and even though its a fun run/walk I feel it would be an great introduction to my first 5k.

I'm curious if anyone else has done it, or is thinking about putting together a team to do a group run.

Replies

• Levity14
    Levity14 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    this sounds like FUN!
  • jaxdiablo
    Options
    Unfortunately I'll probably be doing the Tough Mudder in Tampa that weekend. If that falls through or I feel like I'm not ready for a 12 miler I'll drive down and do this. It does look fun as hell.
  • Ali_TSO
    Options
    Well, PM me if you guys decide to do it. I'll be registering a team. :)
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Ali sending you a message!!!! I had a friend that is part of this group tell me about this! I just did my first 5k this past weekend. ( I have walked them before, but this was my first running 5k THRILLING)
  • judynunes
    judynunes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I would love to do it !! I will send you a friend request.
  • MoniSunZ
    MoniSunZ Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I'd love to be a part of the team - Sending a message ^_^
  • Ali_TSO
    Options
    Awesome! That makes 5 of us, and it's enough for a team! :) Now we've got to come up with a group name. Any ideas? I run a Biggest Loser competition, so I was thinking of something like "The Losers" or "A Bunch of Losers".............. thoughts?

P.S. - When it gets closer, I'll get with each of you individually about registering. :)
  • christinehetz80
    Options
    I'm kinda weird....not a big fan of the "loser" connotation even in a funny sense. However, please don't let me keep yall back from that name...if everyone decides on it, I'm team player. since its a color run, I would prefer something more along those lines. Like Glitteratti....or hmm..naming is so hard. hahaha. Or "color us happy" or something silly...."like we run this ish".
  • Ali_TSO
    Options
    That's funny. We could just name ourselves the "MFP'ers", and have two mini-teams. :happy: Me and Destinee are set on "losers" of some sort, but the three of you could be another mini team! :bigsmile:

Like we could be the "MFP made us losers", and you guys could be "MFP colors us happy" or something. That's really cute, actually... :wink:
  • MoniSunZ
    Options
    We can only be the Glitterati if we dress like Ke$ha :P
    I like color me happy!!
  • christinehetz80
    Options
    Glitterati, Is that a Kesha song? I had no idea, I'm getting old cause my associationg with that is 90s club kids or SATC. haha. ...but you know I'd be down with dressing up in sequin running shorts...hahaha. Once again...I'm cool with whatever the general consensus goes with. If yall wanna go with color us happy....and we have 5 we can all have a letter on our shorts or running pants or hats that spell out HAPPY. Would be adorable for group pics.
  • Ali_TSO
    Options
    If we don't go with the losers theme, I'd still like to add in MFP somewhere, since that's what brought us together...

I think spelling out "H-A-P-P-Y" with shirts is an awesome idea, and then if we have a 6th person, we can put "!" on theirs.

Maybe on the back we could put "MFP colors us happy!"
  • christinehetz80
    Options
    LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When are you driving down? I noticed packet pick up is generally the day before? We can get stencils and make some together the night before or just work on it on our own. Super excited about this. I should warn yall that don't me. I'm very enthusiastic and border on annoying with my enthusiasm sorry in advance. hahah!
  • dnthaveasn
    Options
    We need to find a 6th person because I want the "!" on my shirt lol.
  • MoniSunZ
    Options
    Glitterati, Is that a Kesha song? I had no idea, I'm getting old cause my associationg with that is 90s club kids or SATC. haha. ...but you know I'd be down with dressing up in sequin running shorts...hahaha. Once again...I'm cool with whatever the general consensus goes with. If yall wanna go with color us happy....and we have 5 we can all have a letter on our shorts or running pants or hats that spell out HAPPY. Would be adorable for group pics.

<3 the idea of spelling happy!!!!!!!!!!
    (and no it's not a Ke$ha song, but it sounds like it should be lol!)
  • Ali_TSO
    Options
    HAHAHAHA, this is so awesome.

And btw, I get SUPER excited and border on annoying too, so it's all good. Dest, if you're gonna be the !, I gotta be the Y, bc I'm gonna be right beside you!

We'll probably be driving down day of, bc it's a 2 hour drive, and I'm cheap so I don't wanna pay for a hotel.

Christine, are you IN Orlando? Maybe you could pick up the packets for us...

And as far as the fronts of the tshirts and the stencils....maybe there's a universal stencil shape/size we could get, like this one:

http://www.spraypaintstencils.com/alphabetstencils/alphabet-letters.htm

That way they'd all be the same size/font...
  • Ali_TSO
    Options
    Actually, it would be quite easy for me to MAKE stencils and email them to everyone. All you'd have to do is cut them out, and then paint (with black, so they'd all be the same) onto your white t-shirt. :happy:

And then on the back, we could decorate however we wanted, as long as they say "MFP colors us happy!" :bigsmile:

But per the requirements of the run, the shirts have to be MOSTLY white, so I wouldn't decorate the backs TOO much. :wink:
  • christinehetz80
    Options
    I live in cocoa just east of Otown, we (monica lives just west of Orlando and Judy lives in Kissimmee just south) have friends that live in Orlando that will probably wanna join in so don't worry about the ! 6th person. We got that in the bag!!!!!!!!! If we get more people than we will have to work out maybe adding in color and us. I doubt we would get that many people though.

This sounds awesome and yes I'd be happy to pick up packets. Obviously when we register they will give us more info. The 5k I did this past weekend was pretty stringent about packet pick up though...if someone else was picking it up they had to bring a signed waiver and copy of drivers license. I doubt that such a laid back event like this would be that anal.
  • judynunes
    judynunes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    "Glitter shorts" Christine sounds AWESOME lol.. but I like color me happy.. each of us can wear different color shorts I do hot pink lol.. but everything sounds great to me !!!
  • Ali_TSO
    Options
    This sounds awesome and yes I'd be happy to pick up packets. Obviously when we register they will give us more info. The 5k I did this past weekend was pretty stringent about packet pick up though...if someone else was picking it up they had to bring a signed waiver and copy of drivers license. I doubt that such a laid back event like this would be that anal.

After we register, I'll email them and find out. I emailed them once before and it only too 2 days for them to get back to me. :)