Gluten free pizza

Options
shakybabe
shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
I made a Gluten Free Pizza using a gluten free garlic and coriander naan bread as the base with mushroom, peppers, tomato, sausage and cheese on top it was yummy! :tongue:

Replies

• beach_chelle
    Options
    That does sound good, I will have to try!
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Yum!!
  • joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm doing pizza tonight with Udi's pizza crust!!
  • BeesKnees181
    BeesKnees181 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried Arrowhead Mills brand GF pizza crust mix?
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Love the Udi's crust!

Where did you get the naan bread? Or did you make it?

I usually use a corn tortilla. (I think I eat too many corn tortillas, lol!)
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    The GF Bisquick mix makes a decent crust too. Bought the Udi's. Haven't used it yet. The hot dog buns make a nice french bread pizza though. :)
  • BeesKnees181
    Options
    I tried the Arrowhead mix this weekend. And if you don't mind waiting to proof dough and let it rise for 45 minutes, then give it a try. The texture was thicker than I would have like; next time, I will use less dough per pizza. But, it made a nice brown crust that worked well with a veggie pizza and Follow Your Heart "mozzarella".
  • BeesKnees181
    Options
    I tried the Arrowhead mix this weekend. And if you don't mind waiting to proof dough and let it rise for 45 minutes, then give it a try. The texture was thicker than I would have like; next time, I will use less dough per pizza. But, it made a nice brown crust that worked well with a veggie pizza and Follow Your Heart "mozzarella".
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    The GF Bisquick mix makes a decent crust too. Bought the Udi's. Haven't used it yet. The hot dog buns make a nice french bread pizza though. :)

OOh, I'll have to try that. I just happen to have hot dog buns in the freezer. Thank you for the idea.
  • krystinaarlene
    krystinaarlene Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Holy deliciousness! That sounds so good! I bought a frozen Amy's Gluten Free Margherita pizza and was kind of disappointed. It was OK, but no more than that. I'll have to try some of those other ones!
  • dhencel
    dhencel Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I haven't liked any of the Arrowhead mixes......texture is too grainy..
  • AllisonMart
    AllisonMart Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Bob's Red Mill pizza crust mix myself. It is a lot of work though! But even my gluten friends liked it. Has anybody tried the Godfather's GF pizza? We only have one Godfather's in my whole city, but I just happen to live in their delivery area, so I can actually get hot GF pizza delivered to my door! It's expensive and just kind of average anyway, so I don't do it often, but it sure is fun!

Also, try the cauliflower pizza crust on this site, it's delish!
  • RidleySW
    Options
    After trying many pizza crust mixes and being disappointed (Bob's Red Mill was the best but still lackluster for the price) I now make my own from scratch - a lot! It is actually a fairly easy dough to make, has a short(ish) list of ingredients, and costs me no more than $1 per 14" crust. The best part - it tastes great!
  • ljm0521
    ljm0521 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My family really likes the Bob's Red Mill pizza crust recipe too. We even make cinnamon rolls with it. Mmm... How's that for our diets? :wink:
  • origwvgirl
    origwvgirl Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    After trying many pizza crust mixes and being disappointed (Bob's Red Mill was the best but still lackluster for the price) I now make my own from scratch - a lot! It is actually a fairly easy dough to make, has a short(ish) list of ingredients, and costs me no more than $1 per 14" crust. The best part - it tastes great!

Please share the recipe!
  • Garlicmash
    Options
    I make pizza with the self raising gf flours and just add water to make a dough and presses thinly to fill a baking tray.
    I often make cheese free pizzas ,the tomato sauce is a tin of tomatoes with a knorr stock cube added and blended smooth and reduce the sauce to make it less runny then add mixed herbs and garlic.
    I find this method works for me the best as I know what is in it as a lot of oil and yeast tends to be added to premade bases and other bread products and that makes me very bloated.