Hi, I'm Shannen

Options
slparsaca
slparsaca Posts: 59 Member
I'm new to the group and thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Shannen and I'm from Grand Rapids, MI. I'm married, a mother to 6 daughters, and a grandmother to 3 grandsons. I have 140 pounds to lose before I'm at a healthy weight.

I really want this weightloss effort to stick. This needs to be the last YO in my yo-yo diet/weightloss attempts. I believe I'm ready and motivated. I'm tired of being sick and tired, in pain with no energy. It's time for a change.

My husband isn't against my weight loss but really is in a different place concerning getting fit and losing weight. My friends are verbally supportive (I hear, "good for you" and "I'm proud of you" often) but not interested in going for a walk or doing something physical instead of going out for coffee or for lunch/dinner/breakfast. I know I need support which is why I'm joining groups on here and looking for exercise buddies.

I'm hoping we can encourage each other and maybe hold each other accountable. I look forward to getting to know everyone as we go through this health journey together.

Blessings,
Shannen

Replies

• heavenlyhazel
    heavenlyhazel Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Welcome Shannen! I am Karen, Mom to 4 children (3 boys, 1 girl). I started out having 106 pounds to lose. I started this journey on January 30 and I am down 8.5 pounds already. I am formerly from Saginaw, Michigan (with many relatives on the SW side of the state) but now live in Georgia. This group is amazing and is the only reason that I am staying motivated.

Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,014 Member
    Options
    welcome
    I can relate with being sick and tired of being sick and tired. this is why I decided to try and get healthy. I started in july 2010 and have lost 95 lbs only 5 more to go to reach my original goal. I am a mom of 7, 5 girls , 2 boys, have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue and hypothyroid. My health is so much better after losing the weight. I am still in pain but it comes and goes before it was constant. You can do this, just hang in there and dont give up. If you need help just ask
  • kriggs1976
    Options
    Hi Shannen. I just registered on MFP not to long ago. The support and ideas on here are outstanding. I have around 150 pounds to lose, but I am taking it in 5 pound increments. I walk everyday with my dog and am deciding whether or not to join a gym. I have been diagnosed with diabetes, big surprise. Ad so of course I need to get the food together so I can get my sugar under control. Feel free to add me, as a matter of fact I am going to send you an add request :)
  • heavenlyhazel
    heavenlyhazel Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Welcome Shannen. I am Karen...mom of 4 with just under 100 pounds to lose now...started out with 105, but down 11.5 pounds so now at 93.5 to lose. I do Walk Away the Pounds 1 mile, cleaning, Zumba for Wii, or play tag with my kids for exercise. So far, so good...and no gym needed.