Hey Everyone! I have about 125 lbs to lose. I am currently 305, already down 5 lbs from 310. I began my "new" fitness plan last Tuesday January 24th. My goal is to hit the gym 4 - 5 times a week. I have been under my food goals every day.

My favorite exercise is WEIGHT TRAINING. I have painful heel spurs so my cardio is maining recumbent bike & some treadmill.

Myfitnesspal.com has been a God send to me. I feel like I have the control (very important for me as a self-proclaimed control freak) over what I can eat. I love my calorie ticker countdown.

I have a few events this year that I would like to lose a lot of weight for, but basically I am on the road to LOSING IT FOR LIFE.....not just for a moment. :)

Things that I know will be hard to deal with eventually is modifying the foods I love into my weight loss plan. I know that those items can easily be added back in when you are in your maintaining for life phase. I live in the Wonderful state of New Mexico. (Yes, we are an actual state - NOT A FOREIGN COUNTRY ... lol) We have the most amazing food here: Authentic New Mexican cuisine is to DIE FOR. Ha Ha Fresh Flour Tortillas are my major downfall. Not to mention Green Chili Cheeseburgers.

I AM A FOODIE. I LOVE FOOD. Not a lot of sweets, although I will NEVER turn down homemade brownies or banana bread.

So I am modifying my menu to make things easier. Lots of fresh veggies to snack on. Protein shakes. Lots of fish. Salads. I eat whole natural almonds as one of my snacks. I am making my meals as vibrant, wholesome and colorful as possible.....for nutrition sake. I eat 3 small meals per day, and at least 2 snacks per day.

I have eaten the wrongs things for too long, and been MEAN to my body that it is now time to fuel & feed my body in a healthy manner.

I am a HUGE New England Patriots football fan, so I will be watching the Superbowl this Sunday. We as a family in whole have chosen to go the healthy route with our snack choices. LOTS OF CUT UP VEGGIES. Whole grain rolls for the lean turkey "slammers". And tons of fresh homemade SALSA!!

I sure everyone is having a wonderful journey so far with their weight loss goals.
Giving up your goals means staying where you are or getting bigger.......and continuing feeling like you do ALL THE TIME. :(