Cooking - Slow Cooker

Options
Yinkin
Yinkin Posts: 9 Member
Do any of you use a slow cooker? My mum has one and swears by it but I'm not sure. It seems like a good way to cook as you can set it up in the morning and come home to a cooked meal which means no snacking while waiting for food to be ready.

I want to try cooking roasts but I'm not sure if they can be done in the slow cooker. My husband is a really fussy eater and doesn't like vegetables or sauces so it would have to be cooked plainly.

Looking for ideas to see if it's worth the expense and the reorganisation of an already cluttered very small kitchen. I like my gadgets but they don't always get used after the novelty has worn off. I want to make sure that this is an informed decision and will actually help with my weight loss meal planning.

Replies

• sandiburn
    Options
    I use my crock pot all the time. Could not live without it. You can put any meat in it. Try this. Braise your roast then put it in the crock pot with 1 cup water. Turn it on low and cook for 6-8 hrs. The juice that is cooked from the water can be draind off if he does not want it. I add an onion for extra flavor. You can also add potatos if you want. I also cook baked potatos in the crock pot . Wrap your potatos in foil. Put them in the pot (do not add and water) on low and cook all day. When you get home you have a baked potato ready to eat. It works with sweet potatos too. There is a Mcormics slow cooker pack at the grocery store (where you buy the taco seasoning packs) for pulled pork. ITS AMAZING> Again pour off the juice if your husband does not like it. But it is REALLY GOOD!!!! One more thing, there is a web page dedicated to just crock pot recepies. Go check it out. Just go to your serch and type in crock pot recepies. GOOD LUCK!!!