Introduce yourself

Options
Hi, I am Marti. After 2 years of not racing I am back in the game. Oh how I missed it.

Replies

• abrn93
    abrn93 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    i live in east tn and believe there are no flat spots here at all...bit i love it and would not move for anything. would like to start doing trail runs this spring but not too thrilled about all the wild animals here in the mountains.
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I live in Middle TN and we have a mixture of flat and hills.
  • aksherwin
    aksherwin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I live in middle TN. I LOVE running and my favorite race is a half marathon. I am interested in some new trails/routes to train on.
  • MissEmilie2011
    MissEmilie2011 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Emilie. I'm new to running and I live in Middle TN also. I'm about 2 weeks away from finishing the C25K plan and I hope to run my 1st 5k the beginning of May.
  • jenfog77
    jenfog77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jenny.I am 35 with two young girls and I am moving to the franklin/brentwood area. My running was put on hiatus when I developed a major case of tendonitis/bursitis and itb syndrome, along with the typical runner's knee. Hoping to get back into shape and back on the road.
  • bebeelynn
    Options
    Hi, I'm Linda. I only began running this year and I really enjoy it. I've been meaning to run at Shelby Farms. My boss mentioned something about a Green Line? Anyone ever been?
  • mtnmama36
    Options
    I'm in northeast Tennessee. I've been running on and off for about a year. I've just started back after not running most of the summer. Before I stopped, I had built up to 2 miles running at a time. I think I got discouraged because I felt like I was never going to get past 2 miles. I'm back at it trying to improve and become the runner I want to be. I've done four 5ks this year and one 3k. Didn't have the greatest times but they were fun.
  • Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Deborah. I am a running newbie, even though I've started to run about half a dozen times throughout my life. And every time I pick it up again, it's easier than the last time. My goal is to stick with it this time and get up to the distances you all are doing.

I just started running again this past Tuesday, for the first time in two years. I ran two miles, and kept a decent pace even though I felt a little raggedy towards the end.

Any advice at all will be appreciated; I'll also probably benefit from reading what others post here.
  • heatherlee007
    heatherlee007 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm heather and I live in Nashville tn. I just started running a few months ago and signed up for the 5k zombie buffet coming up! I'd love to have more friends that are runners and can help motivate me for my first half marathon next year and I can help motivate also :)
  • tssweety
    tssweety Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Trisha and I live in Middle Tennessee on the Cumberland Plateau! I love Tennessee. I am origionally from NJ, then Pa., then Florida and haved lived here for 7 years. I am married to a wonderful husband and have 3 boys. I am kind of new to running. A few years ago I ran/walked 3 5ks and then just stopped running and have done other forms of exercise. Now I have started up again and just recently met a personal goal of mine to run 5 miles!! Yay. I have never loved running but I am determined to be a runner. Glad to be in this group!!
  • NerwenAldarion
    NerwenAldarion Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I live in the Great Smoky Mountains and just started running to help with some anxiety and stay healthy. I'm really new to running so I'm happy to find a place with Tennessee people. I'm thinking about looking into a marathon to have a goal to work for to keep me motivated since that is probably my biggest hurdle. Anyone have any advice?