Goals for Feb.

Options
Debtappe
Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
Do any of you have any goals for February that will help keep your workouts and eating on track? My goals - make 2 new workout playlists for walking because I'm bored with what I have. I'm also going to start doing parts of the New York City Ballet workout dvd a couple of times a week. What are your goals?

Replies

• housegirl2
    housegirl2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My Feb goal is to get back to former activity level. I have had some heart issues finally requiring hospitalization over new years and a heart procedure to get my heart rate regular (ablation procedure last week) so getting back to walking 3-4 times a week with my walking buddy has happened this week and hope to get back to Zumba dance class 1-2 times a week starting next week plus longer distance walking at YMCA. By late FEB I hope to start a Women and Weights" class. This app/ website (and my dr) really has my eating in line so it is really the activity level I need to ramp up.
  • takehomepay
    takehomepay Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'd like to loose 2 more pounds before the end of February and average 70,000 steps per week. That seems to be reasonable goals ... don't want set myself up for dissapointment.
  • bookgal5799
    Options
    How did your heart ablation go? I have one scheduled in a little of a week and am getting nervous.
    Thanks, Laura
  • housegirl2
    housegirl2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    The ablation went really well.I felt a bit like I waa entering Dr Fankenstein's Laboratory rather than an operating room because its all monitors and equipment. It's a lengthy (about 3-4 hours) then you must lay flat for about 12-15 hours so you will have a catheter (the urinary kind sorry!) in because you can not stand up or move around to avoid bleeding. If you have any back or neck issues see if you can get them to have an air mattress on the bed BEFORE you arrive back in your hospital room.

It will take about 3 months for your heart to recover from the "trauma " of the procedure so you will have a little chest discomfort but you will be back to regular activity in a couple of days. I have had almost no irregular heart rate issues since then and even those occurrences are less and less often. I've used a phone ap from Azumio to monitor- really cool, uses the phone camera to check your heart rate..

My dr says my experience is pretty normal for recovery. I have been a little more tired and get some occasions of feeling out of breath but that seems to be a normal part of recovery.

You will be on blood thinners for 2-3 months and its really important to take those because you don't want a blood clot to mess up your recover. My dr put me on pradaxa- outrageously expensive ($300 month!) so hopefully you have insurance to cover that. If you don't your dr can give you a coupon supplied by the pharm. co that makes it that gives you 1 month free. There is also coumadin but very hard to deal with food restrictions and constant monitoring of your blood required).

Interestingly my normal heart rate used to be around 60 beats a minute, now my normal rate is around 70. Don't know if there is any correlation but my weight loss has imroved since the procedure?!

Let me know how yours goes.